What's new

identify

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
I found this a couple years ago.it's one of my best flint pieces. The pics don't do it justice. Ever seen one?
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140328_185404.webp
    ForumRunner_20140328_185404.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 136
  • ForumRunner_20140328_185412.webp
    ForumRunner_20140328_185412.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 127
  • ForumRunner_20140328_185420.webp
    ForumRunner_20140328_185420.webp
    34 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
Better pics
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140328_185609.webp
    ForumRunner_20140328_185609.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 137
  • ForumRunner_20140328_185615.webp
    ForumRunner_20140328_185615.webp
    32 KB · Views: 116
I put a little chip in the blade when I dug it up
 
Where is it from? It resembles a Heavy Duty Point from the midwestern area around Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, etc.
 
Not sure on type but it sure is a good looking point.
 
The ears are slanted upward and the base is concave. It just seems to have a lot more care, thought, and time put into it than my other points
 
i love how some points have that concave dimple at the base...don't see how it is an advantage to hafting though.
 
Nice point I love that color thanks for sharing!!!
 
Good looking point
 
...very pretty point, nice white color & freckles! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom