If I keep doing this

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though its all clad, the oldest penny was a 1960, I'm still thrilled and happy to find stuff pretty much every time I go. I did find my first Canadian penny. I think I'm building up for the day I get on some really old place. At least that's what I tell myself. I dug at a campground today.

Attachments

• image-848632546.jpg
    image-848632546.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Yeeeaaah, you're hooked.

Welcome to the club.

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeeeaaah, you're hooked.

Welcome to the club.

Hey thanks ! Yup, when someone tells me I'm taking this too seriously, then I am hooked big time :) LOVE IT !!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooooh, don't call it "harvesting". There's laws against that! Call it "recycling heavy metals from the soil" Much more politically correct! :laughing7:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should call it harvesting, heck then the nutjobs in Washington will think you're a farmer and pay you not to farm. You can go detecting and get paid same time, its a win win.
Try researching houses for sale in an area and search by the date built, when you start finding the older homes you kind of know the area to go ask permission. No joke, I learned this and tried it already and was so easy. Did that this past Saturday and found items back from 1800's.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Hey, ANYTHING you pull out of the ground is a great find Woodswoman. Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ooooh, don't call it "harvesting". There's laws against that! Call it "recycling heavy metals from the soil" Much more politically correct! :laughing7:

I don't want to be politically correct..... Ever :) it gets a little boring if you keep posting " my dig " or " my finds " I just like to mix it up a bit. Lol

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you should call it harvesting, heck then the nutjobs in Washington will think you're a farmer and pay you not to farm. You can go detecting and get paid same time, its a win win.
Try researching houses for sale in an area and search by the date built, when you start finding the older homes you kind of know the area to go ask permission. No joke, I learned this and tried it already and was so easy. Did that this past Saturday and found items back from 1800's.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Great idea on houses for sale ! Thanks !

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, ANYTHING you pull out of the ground is a great find Woodswoman. Thanks for sharing...

Thank you ! I've been fortunate to find so much in such little time :) patience pays off.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to be politically correct..... Ever :) it gets a little boring if you keep posting " my dig " or " my finds " I just like to mix it up a bit. Lol
I hate it myself, but, sometimes you have to play the game (while you curse under your breath :censored:) so you can continue to enjoy this hobby.

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though its all clad, the oldest penny was a 1960, I'm still thrilled and happy to find stuff pretty much every time I go. I did find my first Canadian penny. I think I'm building up for the day I get on some really old place. At least that's what I tell myself. I dug at a campground today.

Nice finds... Just don't get discouraged, it will come.. A bad day detecting is better than a good day at work.

OP
OP
Woodswoman

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate it myself, but, sometimes you have to play the game (while you curse under your breath :censored:) so you can continue to enjoy this hobby.

OK :) I'm a game player ! Lol

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction. Keep it up.

Crackbadger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread