What's new

If only I had been earlier

Stang1968

Full Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2010
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by a branch of my bank in a different city yesterday as I was passing through to buy any halves they had. The teller asks me how many and I stated "rolled quantities". She told me they had just sold all their rolls this morning to another fellow. She then told me that one of the rolls was a bunch of halves " a hundred years old or something" and that "they were all dirty looking". Doh! The vault manager happened to be walking by and heard her tell me all this, and then announced that she had a few more rolls in the vault, so I was happy to take them. I also told her to bring out a box of dimes.
Needless to say, I was quite disappointed when i searched all the rolls. Not only did the 4 rolls of halves contain only 1971-1995 clad, the "box" of dimes was $250 in hand rolled dimes. It was a total skunk box.
If only i had been a little earlier to the bank....
:)
 
Upvote 0
Similar scenario has happened to me no less than 6 times in the past week...
 
Ya just gotta be lucky to get there first! Keep at it. Your turn will come.
rileyboy
 
This is called "rookie ear syndrome". It can be cured but the problem is the syndrome may get in the way of hearing what i say next. That and the fact you cant really hear type speech.

.........If you listen to everything you hear and take it as fact you are going to miss many an opportunity. Now listen very carefully to little hints and anything that might help you on your quest but when you hear something that sounds negative simply dismiss the hell out of it and move on. If i got down everytime i missed "some really old coins" by minutes or hours I would quit. Or the big one "ive already checked all those for silver" is my favorite line. Either some tellers dont know what silver is or they havent really checked it and hope i dont still want it because ive found 400 keepers this year from tellers who have alread checked it.

So in summary. Rookie ear syndrome.... listen carefully for what helps you on your quest, and block out anything that does not. This will cure it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom