Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: “If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine"

T.Parker said:
LOST & BLIND
Post the all important pics you took of the cat tracks or the cat , as you were running away! that determined it was SOOoooo overly large.

This cat was full size
i did not say the cat was larger then normal the SD zoo did ,,,

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

always lost said:
T.Parker said:
LOST & BLIND
Post the all important pics you took of the cat tracks or the cat , as you were running away! that determined it was SOOoooo overly large.

This cat was full size

Ill go hiking with you and watch your back for the Jaws Kitty!! When i see him i will alert you so you can start running!!!! wonder who would look like pray to him and an easier meal to him? Running is never a good idea.

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

always lost said:
T.Parker said:
LOST & BLIND

This cat was full size

I just asked that you post them for all of us to take a look.....and decided for ourselves if we think the SD zoo is correct.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hio Parker: You posted --> sorry but a cat isnt gonna take 3 men down at once, not even a Jag ....

Agreed, also, even in an area where they are numerous, many people never see one in their entire lives. apparantely humans don't taste too good, from the way some smell, I can see why.

Don Jose de La Mancha

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp said:
Hio Parker: You posted --> sorry but a cat isnt gonna take 3 men down at once, not even a Jag ....

Agreed, also, even in an area where they are numerous, many people never see one in their entire lives. apparantely humans don't taste too good, from the way some smell, I can see why.

Don Jose de La Mancha

The pic I took was just above the first water trail....a frequently visited area for him over looking the trail, Never heard of an attack on hikers. and there are a lot walking by day after day. He didnt come for me as im sure i was stinking it up by that point :hello:

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

always lost said:
here is a track

Your right it is a track!!! but not the pic you took of jaws.......... Thats no cat track either

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah douche.

Cats' claws are retracted when they walk. That is a bear track you have there. If you showed it to somebody at the San Diego Zoo that told you it was a huge cat, that can only mean one thing:

YOU SHOWED THAT PIC TO THE JANITOR! HAHAHA

Mike

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WE'S gonna be need'n a bigger boat...............

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gollum said:
Yeah douche.

Cats' claws are retracted when they walk. That is a bear track you have there. If you showed it to somebody at the San Diego Zoo that told you it was a huge cat, that can only mean one thing:

Mike

lol you need some edication ,, the zoo said the paw was misformed and the claws were not useable .. and it is in fact a cat track ,,do you know any bear that can jumb straight up 9 ft .. i dont ..DA..

and yes i do fully agree i thought it was a bear track also .. but they say it is not ..

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

T.Parker said:
WE'S gonna be need'n a bigger boat...............

keep it up .. this site has very little to do with what takes place out there in the mts ..everyone that is enjoying this little fun may not think its so funny latter ...

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

always lost said:
gollum said:
Yeah douche.

Mike

lol you need some edication ,, the zoo said the paw was misformed and the claws were not useable .. and it is in fact a cat track ,,do you know any bear that can jumb straight up 9 ft .. i dont ..DA..

and yes i do fully agree i thought it was a bear track also .. but they say it is not ..

BB said in 2008...

it looked to be four leged .but i never tracked any thing that can move like this ..i stoped tracking it when i saw it jump 15ft from one low piont on the edge of the stream to a large rock on the side of the stream .. almost stright up ,what can do that ,,? , i have been a tracker almost all my life . i just dont know any thing that acts like that ...at lest any normal thing ...

I know it's not easy, but you gotta work on getting those stories straight! 9ft? 15 ft? maybe only 1 foot? Who knows.

that track is so far a unidentified speacies of cat ,as far as we could tell its no know speacies, you were right cats dont show there claws ,only one know cat species the cheetah dose and its like all known cats they have four claws that show up in that tracks ,,,the only real odd thing here is they are 3 1/2 -4 inches in size at best ..there is no known cat of this size ,

i tracked him for about 35 yards along a stream edge and i dont know how long he was stalking me ..if thats some kind of a wolf its the largest wolf track i ever saw ...wearwolf , i cant rule that out ...lol

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp said:
K SH, if there is no objection ------?.

Don Jose de La Mancha
if someone is working the mine ,,,, work why work when you can walk over and get some out of the cache..lol it will last a few years ..
...the trick is give them some just to keep it between us ... the dollar signs go off and they can not wait for you to stop back again ..melt that ore right up .. i got a nice set of torches... they says its the scales that pays ya ...

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just saved this thread to read on the plane- poser Zen! as the french would say- but very interesting!

Luck

rory

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr.T said:
Just saved this thread to read on the plane- poser Zen! as the french would say- but very interesting!

Luck

rory

Mr T
Am I wrong in believing that you are coming to AZ? Perhaps for the LDM Rendezvous Oct 22-24?
It will be my pleasure to meet you if that is in your plans.
If not, it's a pleasure to see your interest here by your post.
-dustcap

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Central Pennsylvania, ex SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Since I have not collected enough gold to rub two nickles together, here is my 2 cents:

I have no reason to not believe anyone on this thread who says they found LDM. My question is " Was there a note inside that said "LDM", you do not need to look any further ?" You obviously found something !

Was not the LDM such a mine that little or no quartz in the ore samples ? Nearly pure, or most purest, as compared to Goldfield mine !

Was not the LDM supposed to be of such grandeur that the Legend says the vein is Miles long ? (could not have been mined out)

Did not Peralta mine in one spot with untold numbers of Peons a few times before being Massacred according to Legend on that spot ? (not mined out)

This gives to the question if the Legend is somewhat true, "How much gold could Peralta extract and carry back to the Gulf of California or California coast with his packtrain ? For example 3,000 pounds of gold on 15 mules (http://www.brazilbrazil.com/mine.html) You will need to calculate this on the troy oz. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_weight

The Peralta's are mysteriously linked to Spain in the 18th Century. Spanish galleons were reportedly carrying hundreds of chests of gold 200-300, varying amts (smaller) of rubies, emeralds etc. per galleon, shipments of all goods started in 1565 and all mines were registered by 1585 (Spanish archives ? don't think they're talking). (reference the above site)

Much has been written on Spains Costly expense on ship building.

It was essential to build the largest possible galleons, which were the largest wooden ships ever built in Spain. In the 16th century, they averaged from 1,700 to 2,000 tons, were built of Philippine hardwoods and might carry a thousand passengers. The Concepcion, wrecked in 1638, was the largest Spanish ship built up to her time - between 140 and 160 feet long and displacing some 2,000 tons. Most of the ships were built in the Philippines and only eight in Mexico. The Manila-Acapulco Galleon trade ended when Mexico gained independence from Spain in 1821: http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Manila:galleon.htm

I would like to think that much of the gold that sailed back to Spain ? (The gold and silver had been plundered by the Spanish in South America, taken aboard great armadas of large galleons once a year from Cuba west to the Philippines for trade with China or back to Spain via the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic) came from Peralta, and their last shipments per LDM. http://www.rense.com/general5/spanishgalleon.htm

Was Peralta's mission's based on a quota for trade with the Orient ?

There is only one gold mine in Mexico today but some are about to start (http://www.infomine.com/minesite/minesite.asp?site=cerrosanpedro)

Did not the American Indian get displaced several times, and some Tribes more than a Few ?

Was not Scottie of his Castle's name the eventual owner of the largest Silver mine that caused the collapse of the Austrian/German economy ?

Did not the American Indian get displaced once again because there was found to be untold wealth beneath them, where they were relocated to ?

Do I need to go any further with this ?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Jack,

I think you have gone plenty far enough with the information you have provided. On the other hand, I also believe you need to expand and improve the quality of your research. It may be that you are satisfied with the research you have done so far, but you did ask if you "need to go any further with this?" This is a short answer to that question.

"There is only one gold mine in Mexico today but some are about to start".

There are, at least, hundreds of working gold mines in Mexico. The same can be said of silver mines, but probably more.

Don't know where you got that information, but I believe it is incorrect. Perhaps you might want to consider backing up a bit and taking another run at this subject.

Just my opinion, so I could be wrong.

Good Luck,

JOe Ribaudo

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Central Pennsylvania, ex SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Thank you Joe, for bringing that to my careless attention.

I gave a reference site to that statement "Only one gold mine working in Mexico" etc. (http://www.infomine.com/minesite/minesite.asp?site=cerrosanpedro)

Quote:
The Cerro San Pedro project economic analysis forecasts annual cash flows after Year 1 (2007) that generally range between US$12 million and US$22 million, varying according to grade fluctuations and waste stripping requirements. Base case project cash flows are estimated to total nearly US$199 million, using variable gold and silver price assumptions derived from recent market experience.

I have no doubt you are Correct, did not intend to mislead, which I have done, for you to respond this way, again thank you. And keep responding.

Since we are talking about LDM and sizeable working mines (Peralta's requirements) were my only thought. Today the Cerro San Pedro was the only one I was able to locate after a few attempts, and is nowhere close to my production thoughts. Anything else was out of question.

It fit only my thought of where I was headed with that statement, and not the hard work of those working an underground gold mine today. Let alone the extreme dangers and loss of life which occur regularly.

It is not hard to find a deep coal miner or one who has deep mined in Pennsylvania. There was one that took half hour just to get to the face. A 3 1/2 minute ride down an elevator to over 400 ft. A mantrip ride 4 1/2 miles in to the section head. A belt ride into the work area. It's not just the roof, but operators can take you out just as easily.

If there is anything to gain, my thought was: If Peralta's mission (Legend gives credit) was somewhat an annual one, to the ships sailing to the Orient annually from the West coast, via Spain. Was he financing the trade that was to be brought back to Spain ? For a time line for him to deliver, would mean an annual success on a limited mission, and timely delivery date. An impossible thing to do today, by his methods. What kind of producing mine would you need to do this, back in his day ? LDM would be the most efficient, less efficient an army of Peons. Why didn't Peralta work Mexican mines ? Was It more easily found in Arizona ?

Today this site does not list any sizeable mine working in Arizona: http://www.infomine.com/minesite/welcome.asp?region=north america&commodity=gold
Nevada's are listed on the Carlin Trend, one mine in Alaska.

Interestingly enough, the GM at Cortez is the same name as a boss at a deep Central Pennsylvania coal mine years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread