If You could have ANY metal detector.....?

Lets see i know the ..Minelab GPX-4000 ..........and mybe the ..Garrett..INFINIUM-LS.........==Jim==

Duh, THAT'S a no-brainer!

My Compass Relic & Coin, hands down.

Or, if I didn't have it I'd take the Compass Goldscanner Pro, because it's the same animal with a different name on the box.

I'm surprised that there is even a question about which one. Most people already know that the old Compasses VLF's excel at relics, nuggets, coins, beach hunting, etc., the best all-around detector ever made anywhere. Or if they don't know, they certainly should. Only a Nexus and a PI go deeper, plus the Compasses have the best discriminators ever made.

For everybody's information, Compass INVENTED the DD coil, auto-retune, and auto-return to null. They also invented multi-filter technology too.

If the new Excalibur is an underwater version of the GT then, gimme gimme gimme ;D

I am pretty happy with what I have ;D

Dear Larsmed;
I am very happy with my Minelab SD2100v2 with all of it's accessories and coils. I'd hate to use it for coin shooting but it's a daisy for relic hunting in non trashy areas!
Your friend;
LAMAR

did you say compass?

I have never heard of that kind of detector? You really think it is the best machine out there?? I wonder why it isn't advertised as much as the other brands??

do you have a company website so i can get some more info?? Much appreciated!!

Larry

I'm to old to dig the holes the Infinium LS wants you to dig.

a New Sovereign.

It doesn't take an unlimited amount of money and I already have the detectors I want. Now, if I had time to use the detectors......................

I'd like: Detech ssp-3000 with all coils.
And/Or a Infinium LS

Larsmed said:
did you say compass?

I have never heard of that kind of detector? You really think it is the best machine out there?? I wonder why it isn't advertised as much as the other brands??

do you have a company website so i can get some more info?? Much appreciated!!

Larry

Compass has been out of business for a while now. The models he mentioned were made back in the late 80's. I wouldn't go as far as calling them the "best ever" but I really like my gold scanner pro. With the 8" coil, it's still much better at picking the goodies out of the trash than my Tejon with a 5.75" coil. In older areas with very little trash, I get a little more depth with the Tejon and standard coil than with the Compass in the sandy loam soils around here. http://www.losttreasure.com/fieldtests/ArchiveView.cfm?ID=lt19890520

I'd like to try an F-75 or that Pulse Devil thing if it ever makes it to market.

I have pretty close to it, but if I had a wad of cash to spend away, it would be an Explorer II with a few coil options and a Sunray X-1 Probe mounted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back