What's new

if you got a signal under dog dirt would you or have you dug it

I actually retrieved a nickel from under a fresh cow patty once. We were participating in a planted hunt in field where cows had gone through after the coins were planted. I CAREFULLY flipped it out of the patty and picked it up with a piece of tissue.
BB
 
Just drop it in your trash pouch and move on. :laughing9:

Al
 
I would dig under dog dirt if there was a good signal. Heck I would dig in the dog dirt if it had a good signal. You never know what they may have eaten. :headbang:
 
Did your detector give a clue as to whether it was a zinc penny, a ring, a quarter, or a half
dollar?
Rich
 
I would ask some stupid kid to kick the poop away for the quarter i just dug. LOL HH
 
Apparently you haven't done enough carnie cleanups. Just spend a little more time hunting around the backside of the beer truck, in the drop zone for the cookie tossing rides, or best yet trying to pick some piece of bling out of the used food pile where some kid ate a lot of elephant ears after or before getting on one of the cookie tossing rides.

Why did you get the coil out in the first place? Dig in....
 
If you have EVER changed a childs' diaper, there should be no problems in digging under dog poop..

Poop washes off..and it very temporary... Wondering just what was under that poop will consume your thoughts for a long while.
 
Well... I take my dog out metal detecting with me quite a bit. I let him lead the way around the area
Every good target I dig, he sniffes it. Some of my best hunts have been with my dog. It is almost he is smelling the targets for me. After a bunch of times of this happening, I started to wonder of other animals can smell the coins /jewelry and decide do their business right on top of the metal targets. Animal dirt is easy enough to move out of the way. If your digging a target, how do you know an animal diden't,, p,, in that spot? Or the bugs in the soil, you know they leave stuff behind........ It is all Just Organic matter.
 
My view on dog dirt signal diggin is that if it (the signal) is under white dog dirt, I'll wait for it (the white dog dirt) to blow away first, then come back in a couple days and dig it (the signal). Most other times the dog mine gets deep into my sneaker treads and then its hell to pay for Fido.
 
Dig it, of course.

I apologize for grossing out many readers in advance, but a soil scientist at Oregon State University once informed a group of us "All soil is feces." The question is how many guts that feces has been through. Most soil is built-up from soil-building microscopic animals. And you guessed it, much is recycled. Those insects, arthropods, etc. eat feces, organic waste, and humus to create soil. And before you get all disturbed, according to Gifford Pinchot, all plant life on earth requires soil for survival (along with air, water, light, and most recently mycorrhizal fungi). As animals, every one of us is also dependent on soil for survival as well.

Anyone hunting on soil is supported by 20-30 million tiny legs every step they take. It has been estimated every cubic foot of soil contains over 1 million organisms. Most of these are impossible to see without a microscope. The largest soil-building organism locally is a centipede. It is extremely poisonous. The active ingredient is potassium cyanide. A bird which picks up the centipede is unlikely to pick up another one. And it may not survive the first encounter. Cup it in your hand for a short 5 seconds, and you can smell the odor of bitter almonds given off, even on a very cold day without touching it.
 
I've flipped my share of that stuff aside while digging targets, even put my knee down in a few I didn't see :'(. Once while recovering a target I had a cat come over and squatted over a hole I was digging. That target is still in the hole. :tongue3:

Rick :coffee2:
 
:wav: :icon_pale: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :occasion14:


Beth
 

Attachments

  • ROFLMAO.gif
    ROFLMAO.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 255
  • ROFLMAO.gif
    ROFLMAO.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 251
Yes then get new pair of rubber gloves
 
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
I've flipped my share of that stuff aside while digging targets, even put my knee down in a few I didn't see :'(. Once while recovering a target I had a cat come over and squatted over a hole I was digging. That target is still in the hole. :tongue3:

Rick :coffee2:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :cat:
 
kayden said:
Yes then get new pair of rubber gloves

Son if you got a whiff of what was coming up in my face out of that hole the only thing on your mind is covering it up and as quick as possible. :tard: :tard: Isn't any target worth that.

Rick :coffee2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom