mts said:
quiksilver said:
Interesting views, the question is do you all drive the speed limit all the time including when no one is watching.
If I drive over the speed limit and get caught I am likely to get a ticket. If I commit tax fraud and get caught I'm likely to end up in JAIL. Big difference...
It's all about risk tolerance. Some of us don't care to pay a few tax dollars to know that we are not at risk of losing what matters most to us in life. Yet others are so tax averse that they would rather live a life of poverty than pay even one penny of tax. It makes no sense to me. Especially since those very same people seem to have no problem hunting for and collecting silver coins that were mined and minted using those very same tax dollars that they refuse to pay.
Note that my second paragraph above is NOT about you quicksilver. It's just a general observation that I've made after reading many anti-government posts out here in the CRH forum.
Jim4silver: thanks for the great link! As always, you are a wealth of information about silver!
I'm an Obamatron.

I work only so that I can pay taxes. Paying taxes makes me feel like an important part of society. I sleep better at night knowing that the fruits of my labor are shared by all.
I wonder who payed for silver coins before there was a federal income tax less than 100 years ago?

I feel bad for my great grandparents who never had the great opportunity to pay income taxes.
Hopefully in the future more taxes will be taken out of my pay, double plus good

I always drive the speed limit and I always let my money be taken away from me because I don't want to go to jail either,unless it's an all woman prison.

HH
Rich