If you were me which would you buy

D

darnsober

Hi all Im new to this forum. Before i ask you this important question ill tell you about myself. I join this forum for the same reason i join others to learn as much as possible about detecting as i can. Im 29 years old live in Bellevue Kentucky which is on the Ohio River. My city is right across the River from Cincinnati. Ive been detecting for only 2 and a half months using a 505. Ive found 1 silver 48 quarter like 30 wheaties 1 injun and 1 buffalo nickel also found a 40 and 41 nickel. Ive found 4 rings which on i know is silver and another one that is iffy no stamp but cleaned up just like silver. Any although im very pleased with my 505 I want to upgrade detectors. The 2 main reason for this upgrade is depth and VDI. Ive narrowed my list from 6 down to 3 and now to two doing intensive research watching videos reading reviews and manuals. Now here is where my questions lies. I mostly coinshoot but will dig signals that fall into gold range sometimes. Im looking for more depth to my 505 and think it will be accomplised with one of these detectors. Also a VDI meter. Now heres the question with the two detectors. DRUM ROLL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Whites M6
The X-Terra 50

Heres the question

If you were me and looking for a detector that had better depth than your 505 and had narrowed your choices down to these 2 machines The M6 and the Xterra 50. Based on the following information which detector would you buy. If you were going to use one of these machines yourself for coinhunting and hunting mostly older site and wanted depth and vdi of the information below on these two detectors which would you buy

M6 info http://www.whiteselectronics.com/matrixm6w.php

xterra 50 info http://206.188.2.79/products/detectors/x-terra50.htm

Please dont say that you have never used any of those before. Thats not the question i asked. If you yourself had narrowed your choices down to buying one of these detectors which would you buy. Tell me which detector out of the two you would buy based on depth and the info i provided above.

Thanks guys and gals for any info you provide as this is been a stress-ful decision on myself i didnt think it was going to me this tough on the brain and at one time it wasnt i was set on buying the garrett ace 250 but i came across some extra money and thought if im going to buy a detector and have the money i might as well spend enough to get the features i wanted.

Thanks again
DJ a.k.a (Darnsober)

Upvote 0
if it were me, id go with the minelab.

The M6 because it has auto ground balance (the X-terra doesn't) and a bigger coil selection. The M6 also has good balance, not nose heavy. If you check around you can get one for under $600.00

The Minelab for two reasons:

1.) It has programable discrimination so you can reject specific objects (i.e. bottle caps and pull tabs in trashy sites) but still catch objects belorw those ranges. Looks like the M6 has a single dial setting. And seven tones? Sheesh. But, I guess once you learn what a pull tab sounds like you can choose to dig or not.

2.) I already own a Minelab and I like it. Like the company. Like what folks are saying about the XT50 on various forums.

Between just these two, I would go with the Minelab X-Terra. I have used both and the M6 might work well in your part of the country where the ground is different and you can adjust it with the M6. But you just asked about these two detectors. Having been at this hobby since there was dirt, I would choose a different one altogether for your part of the country and your criteria. You can't go by anything on a VDI meter for positive ad.

X -terra 50 Hands down

I have the Whites DFX and Minelab EXP II, and while their both great machines. If I was told I could only keep one, and was given a choice of which one to keep. I would definitly keep the Minelab. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back