What's new

IH number 4

sir

Full Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
well i was the person who posted about the two indian heads in a box and how i found my first ih. i never really wanted to post anything until today when i got my 4th ih its 1903. so far i have gone thru 117050 pennies since i started and have found 661 wheats.
 

Attachments

  • ihh.webp
    ihh.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
You're a real penny hunter when you have a collection of Indian Heads. They really are a special coin to find in the wild. Congratulations.
 
im really suprised that ive found so many indian heads
 
sir said:
well i was the person who posted about the two indian heads in a box and how i found my first ih. i never really wanted to post anything until today when i got my 4th ih its 1903. so far i have gone thru 117050 pennies since i started and have found 661 wheats.
That's a good find for sure and congrats. I've found a 1905, and two 1907's. Course they were with my metal detector. I don't do pennies. Just halves. More silver in them......ehehehe...
 
Indians are so fun to find. The excitement never goes away, no matter how many you've found. I've found 5 so far this year. I found my first one in January, 1980. It was a 1901. I lost count after finding 45 and I know I'm over 100 since then. I typically get 2 a year, so this year is better than average. The most I've ever found in a box was 4, two were 1879 and the other two were 1898. I thought that was strange that they were only 2 different dates. Keep looking, they're out there and you'll find more!

Scott
 
I typically get 2 a year....

That's about my average, as well. This year I've done above average, having found 5 so far. Last year I only found one.

And yes, they're still out there! Good luck to everyone who searches pennies. I hope you find some Indian Heads! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom