AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
Another saying makes more sense for this one. The eighteenth century Irish statesman, philosopher and political theorist, Edmund Burke, is credited with the remark that "evil prevails when good men do nothing".

Changing the world one online treasure forum at a time.. Lol.. I know your intentions are pure man and I really do agree with you, but you are simply wasting your time with these posts on here.. There are millions of people who do these things on a daily basis and if you think attacking someone on this forum will change anything, than you are living in a world of delusion.. There are much more prominent evils in the world than someone making a "back door" sale through eBay.. Even in the time it took me to post this message, there were probably fifty people who were scammed out of thousands of dollars using eBay.. If you truly want to change the world, your time would be better spent elsewhere..

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
No, it's more like walking into a store, picking something up, and then, instad of paying, you put it in your pocket and walk out the door. And then saying it is THEIR fault because they have stuff in an area where people can grab it.

It's called theft. No matter how you guys keep trying to spin it, he used a serviuce, he purposely did not pay for the service he used, he then had the buyer LIE to say that the money sent ot him was a gift, when it was not, and he didn't pay that fee either. He's no different than the person who put it in their pocket and dind't pay when they left the store. And if it were only a 43 item, that would still not justify it!

Amazing that it is this hard to show you that he CHEATED them. BOTH ebay AND paypal.

OKy, time to go to ebay and find his ID. See who in Dallas is selling 5 Ikes. And then see what THEy say about it. See if THEY consider it to be their fault, or justified. Or if they think it is cheating them. What say ye?

Wrong, its like sitting down the money on the counter when the person working there is a asleep. ITS their fault they are asleep, and not paying attention to you, yet you did the next best thing. Ebay/Paypal are asleep due to lack of competition, their view they own the customers money, and nickel and diming for (generally useless things). Ebay, Paypal, its fine till you need to deal with it on a consistent basis , I was listing things on ebay left and right for a while, then bam, the cost, the fees, just got too much out of hand. Its sickening, my friend sent someone $50 to buy for something he wanted; the seller didnt even setup their ebay/paypal to accept credit cards, and the money eventually worked its way back to my friend somehow, he was forced to gift that person simply because he felt bad just because they never got their paypal account in order.

You support this flawed service that thieves off people. Digging dumps, as far as I'm concerned did nothing wrong.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
You continue to delude yourself that you are honest. You admit that you stole from them. But now I hear 1) It was only $3, so it's not REALLY theft. Bsides, they make millions, so something this small is not a theft after all. and 2) what I did was smart becasue they (in my opinion) screw people over. (Then stop USING them, but if you USE them you OWE them their FEES)

Keep rationalizing your actions. What you did was wrong. When you told the buyer to say it was a GIFT when he paid yo to not pay the fees owed for using paypal too? , That was a LIE, that too was WRONG. Even if it was only $0.50 in fees, it was wrong. Oh, and another rationalization. 3) We don't all make the money you do. SO WHAT? That doesn't mean what you did was HONEST. YOu may JUSTIFY it, and RATIONALIZE it, but it was not HONEST. regardless of the amount you STOLE and FRAUDED them of. yes, those are the legal terms, for specifically what you did.

And you are sickened by someone telling you that you are not honest? You admit theft, and you get sickened when someone says if you committed theft that you are a thief. Where's my ignore button? !!

YOu know that silver thing you found in your youtube viseo? It is John 3:16. Forgiveness IS available. But you hvae to admit you are wrong when you commit sins and crimes, not say since it was a SMALL theft that it doesn't matter. You could learn a lot from the entire book of John.

You need to go over the forum rules again. Do not use caps to "yell" at people. You are being extremely rude.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a bunch of case knives and met a guy on eBay. He then gifted me the money for the whole lot. 3500.00. Dang proud of what I did. To heck with EBay and Paypal. I will snipe their customers anyway.

chadsdad01

Mar 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another low-life thief, and he is worried about people being rude? Sober up.

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another saying makes more sense for this one. The eighteenth century Irish statesman, philosopher and political theorist, Edmund Burke, is credited with the remark that "evil prevails when good men do nothing".

it be an evil world, my man. best get used to that and worry bout yoself. this aint church, stop preachin.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chadsdad01 said:

I didn't steal anything pal. Get a life.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay only cares about Ebay and profits. When they first started first year or two I had to sell some fishing poles, bike, fishing reels becouse my kid was sick and needed money. I listed sold people sent money orders took about a week to get money right about that time I get money my computer just up and died. Didnt have another and sick kid so I sent into Dell for warranty took like 10 days to get my computer back. In meantime buyers complained to ebay, ebay calls sheriff if my county and since ebay has donated money to county they come to my house on 10 acres onto my deck with guns drawn. I am like WTF? Well we had allotta computer theft on ebay trying to make sure thats not happening. I say I have 2 weeks from reciept of funds to send out per my ebay account, not doing anything illegal why dont you leave. They say you have to send the stuff out and show us proof or we will arrest you. Ya ebay sucks!!!!! Becouse they had my phone number and ebay, the buyers nor the sheriff bothered to call to find out why the delay which was within ebays policy of time to deliver.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to sell on ebay all the time, I do rarely now. The fees are getting outrageous. If anyone were to come up with an alternative auction house with the same amount of people bidding, i would be on it in a heartbeat but essentially your fees go to people actually bidding on your junk. What I really don't like is the paypal fees - oh sure its safer because you must use paypal, and they have insurance etc, but now they've basically monopolized the internet auction and payment market. I see very few legitimate alternatives. I understand stealing is wrong, I understand stealing from hard working people trying to supplement their income is wrong. I understand stealing from a family owned business or mom and pop shop is wrong. I understand stealing a mans tools or means to provide for his family is wrong. At this moment I can say I don't really care if anyone steals from a multi-million to multi-billion dollar corporation that would sooner bend you over a barrel than increase volume sales by lowering fees or prices and at the end of the year gets to write any losses off on their taxes. Good on you for finding a way to beat the system, I would be careful doing stuff like that though. You may end up without an eBay account.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would stick it to pay pal if I could screw them insurance sucks banks suck!! There fees rip all of us off every day. The little man MUST fight the man!!

mira263

Greenie
Mar 15, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stealing, lol. Wow, never seen anyone go off so hard on "stealing" from ebay and PayPal. In fact, never seen anyone defend either of them!

I sell tons of art on ebay, whenever someone is interested in making a better deal I always go off ebay, cancel my auction and then give them the option to either gift me the money or pay the Paypal fees themselves. Never had a bad deal yet, and I've never considered it "stealing" from ebay, who have had no qualms about drafting my bank account for a package that took to long to deliver. So the buyer got the art and a refund thx to ebay and their policies. Took weeks of calls and hours of my time to get my money back. I was not compensated for their error in any way. In fact, with art this is common practice and if your a buyer you can bet that you will be paying most people's PayPal fees when doing off ebay sales. There is even a Paypal calculator to figure out what to charge.

So screw em, they have the monopoly with online auctions and paying for them. They are not nor will be anytime soon hurting for that $3.....

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chadsdad01 said:

Thank you Mr. Dogooder. I now feel so bad about my choices. Oh wait, no, not at all. I guess you have never broke a single traffic law or lies to anyone ever. Course not ;)

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the old people, it's the people that are lazy and don't want to work and just rely on food stamps, Section 8 housing, and money from the government. Old people worked their whole life and deserve retirement when they are not able to work. Sometimes, retirement is used as an excuse to not work, but most of the time it is deserved. Sometimes, governmental money is good. My uncle's dad got schizophrenia soon after college and never got a job. He is cared for by my uncle, but the money is a bit beneficial for him.

Welfare made up only 11% of the national budget last year, compared to 17% for pensions that Congress has used as a giant piggy bank for decades. But, based on your anecdote, it's OK to villainize social spending on the people you don't know because you've made some assumptions about their needs and abilities, but your uncle, who also is a beneficiary of social welfare, is OK to get that check every month.

All this from paypal fees, stemming from a discussion about Ikes? Yikes.

I'm going to the bank today, I'll see if I can get a bag of ikes ordered without having to :3some: somebody.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a treasure hunting site. Everything that we dig up never actually belonged to us. So are we all just a bunch a thieves :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread