What's new

IKES

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Hello im pretty new at this and have been doing mostly halves. Could anyone tell me what ikes are worth keeping ?
 
Upvote 0
If you can find a 1973 you are in luck, minted for mint sets only not released for circulation

1976 variety 1, 1972 variety II

Any proofs you can find (S mint) some were 40% silver others copper nickle clad

Mojo
 
Quicksilver,

The best places to pick up lots of Ikes and Halves are in New Haven, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Norwalk, Greenwich, and Westport. Newtown, Danbury, and Brewster, NY are ok for Ikes but better for halves.
If you like finding dimes and quarters the best places are from Greenwich crossing into New York and hitting all of the towns to and including Mt. Kisco.
As far as I know I'm the only one hunting in this area and I can't cover it all. On the downside traffic starts to become very heavy in these areas by 3pm so you have to head out before then.

HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
Quicksilver,

The best places to pick up lots of Ikes and Halves are in New Haven, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Norwalk, Greenwich, and Westport. Newtown, Danbury, and Brewster, NY are ok for Ikes but better for halves.
If you like finding dimes and quarters the best places are from Greenwich crossing into New York and hitting all of the towns to and including Mt. Kisco.
As far as I know I'm the only one hunting in this area and I can't cover it all. On the downside traffic starts to become very heavy in these areas by 3pm so you have to head out before then.

HH
Rich

i hunt this area too
 
Thanx for the info guys. Another question please, are the 40% ikes obvious to tell like the halves?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom