What's new

Iknow it is part of a toy vehicle I have been looking for hours to find it ????

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
7,400
Reaction score
2,687
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today in a grass strip between a road and side walk, next to a sterling plated spoon. the house was demolished 3 years ago. this is a part from a toy truck, army vehicle or farm toy. I found several items from the WW2 time frame ill also post the spoon that was 1 inch from this item. thank you for any help


Vintage Hubley Stakebed Truck!! Thank you all this is the closest I Have found so far fire engine dosnt look the same??
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 394
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 397
yep there is another one in here
somewhere from last year
 
Upvote 0
1940 Vintage Hubley Stakebed Truck Fire engine dosnt look the same :)
 
Upvote 0
I think you found the tailgate?
 
Upvote 0
Chug said:
Vintage Hubley Stakebed Truck Fire engine dosnt look the same :)
Ill have to ask Garabaldi if this ID is correct. They must have been easy to lose and many of these toys will be missing the tailgates.. You could sell it on eBay Im sure. :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1601.webp
    IMG_1601.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
Thank you all It was identified within 45 minutes and now i need to find out what it may be worth to some one who needs one I looked for 20 minutes for the rest of it nothing but the spoon there i Dont want his to go into the scrap bucket!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
I found parts of an identical truck a couple of years ago and posted a picture. Mine was on a school ground. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
I found parts of an identical truck a couple of years ago and posted a picture. Mine was on a school ground. Monty
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,40148.msg283943/topicseen.html#msg283943
 
Upvote 0
Thanks bigcy. I thought I had posted pictures of the pieces but I guess I didn't. All I was able to salvage was a somewhat bent up cab and parts of the bed and one wire axle. I dug it out of hard clay right in the middle of a drought and it broke up trying to get it out. It was an interesting find though and I have often wondered what child had lost or misplaced it there by the school grounds. And I was mistaken, the school was built in 1949 and I was in first grade in school year 1950 - '51. If I had recovered it in better condition I probably would be interested in adding the sideboards. Since they were designed to come off, it was probably the first parts a child would take off and lose. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom