"Ill take them all" = EPIC fail

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I'll take them all" = EPIC fail

So, I go to a branch that I'd never been to looking for halves... I'll try to quote.

>>>> "Do you have any half dollars or old big dollar coins?"

<<<< "Yes, there is half a box of halves in the vault"

>>>> "Okay, I'll take them all"

<<<< "NO, YOU WILL NOT, you can have two rolls and the rest are for other customers"

>>>> "......."

I made the $*@$& break a $100 bill after counting past 5 $20's and 8 $50's in front of her eyes :evil4:

Upvote 0
I am a customer of this bank... and had my card out. Important part I left out.

i think you found a new dump bank... you can dump LOADS and LOADS of half dollar rolls at this bank so they can have them for tiehr "other customers", ha. be sure to put some marker on them coins too :tongue3:

i think you found a new dump bank... you can dump LOADS and LOADS of half dollar rolls at this bank so they can have them for tiehr "other customers", ha. be sure to put some marker on them coins too :tongue3:

Be sure to single the ***** out that told you this when your dumping them too. If shes not there that day, try another day until you see her. Then look at her and smile, then say, "these are for your other customers".....pause.....then dont say another damn thing until shes done with the transaction. It helps too if you give her a blank stare and let your mouth fall open, and just keep staring.

Last edited:
"Could I purchase them please" might have gotten a better response. It's a southern thang. :icon_thumleft:

I usually like to say that I'd like "all that you can spare" so that I'm making it clear that I'd like as much as possible, but I'm recognizing that they might actually not want to get rid of all of them. Only rarely have I not gotten everything they have...

I make it clear that the tellers don't have to supply me with coin if they don't have enough for themselves to carry out daily transactions, they appreciate that fact. I am always polite to the tellers, remember, as much as some may think, they don't necessarily have to give you coins on spot. Sure you can call somebody of higher power, but at the time of asking, they can say NO.

I'm not sure politeness is the issue, I greet, say please and thank you. I think I just found a crab.

Also, I never had issue getting all the half dollars, most vault tellers are HAPPY to rid them. When I'm after anything else, I ask if they can spare $xxx.

I have encounted this a few times while on road trips. While most banks do not deal with any more halves than they're forced to, and are more than happy to be rid of any they have on hand, you will run across one every now and then that orders a box or two a week just so they will have some to hand out to the many customers that routinely ask for them. Therefore, they will not sell them all to you or anyone else, but rather will dole them out a few rolls at a time to hopefully satisfy as many customers as possible. When I encounter this, I just respond with something like, "I'll take all that you are comfortable selling to me." While I would rather have all that they have, I will always settle for all that I can get.

Am all ways as nice as i can be. Even when i drive 30 min and they for get to order my boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back