chase2
Sr. Member
- Joined
- May 6, 2013
- Messages
- 362
- Reaction score
- 459
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites MXT
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
I'm 65 cents richer!
I broke out my detector for the first time this year. I was wanting to hunt a new fur trade site, but when I got to the general area the snow was to deep to hunt that site. So I fell back on a old fur trade site that has been detected for the past 40 years. I thought that I would do some fringe hunting to see if I could come up with a trinket. I parked on the side of the highway and walked across to the other side. Turned on the detector and got about 20 yards when I hit a signal. I rolled my eyes saying to myself gees should I even dig it. It was right next to a dirt bike path and I really figured it was just parts to a motocross bike. But Like I do I dig the trash out to rid the site, and to my surprise I came up with three coins that were well used. A half dollar 1867 a dime 1869 and a 5 cent shield date unknown? out of that hole. The rest of the day was digging the trash. But I was super stoked with the cache of coinage. It really made my day!



I broke out my detector for the first time this year. I was wanting to hunt a new fur trade site, but when I got to the general area the snow was to deep to hunt that site. So I fell back on a old fur trade site that has been detected for the past 40 years. I thought that I would do some fringe hunting to see if I could come up with a trinket. I parked on the side of the highway and walked across to the other side. Turned on the detector and got about 20 yards when I hit a signal. I rolled my eyes saying to myself gees should I even dig it. It was right next to a dirt bike path and I really figured it was just parts to a motocross bike. But Like I do I dig the trash out to rid the site, and to my surprise I came up with three coins that were well used. A half dollar 1867 a dime 1869 and a 5 cent shield date unknown? out of that hole. The rest of the day was digging the trash. But I was super stoked with the cache of coinage. It really made my day!



Upvote
42








