Im Ashamed to Post What I Found

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
I went hunting today. I was out for 3 hours and fund a nail, a link of chain, and 3 pennies.....nothing special. But I had fun, and I am learning my machine more and more every time I go out. I have a quick draw 2, does anyone else? Does anyone have any pointers on how to best work it? Should I have the sensetivity way up or way down? Im getting pretty good at in pointing. Talk to you all later on.

Attachments

• Finds6-13-05.jpg
    Finds6-13-05.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 591
Upvote 0
Don't be ashamed or get too discouraged...I have the QD2 also and my 1st several hunts resulted in mostly junk too. I set my machine aside for over a year and tried again. This time I joined this forum and the Bounty Hunter forum and got some tips and kept at it. Now I average $1.00 or more per hour of detecting. I've found a class ring that I sent back to the owner, 2 gold rings, a gold anklet, a gold cross charm, a bunch of silver jewelry, an 1803 large cent a few silver dimes and several other coins & jewelry items.

I'm having a blast now!!! So far I've found over $300.00 this year in just clad.

wow, that is great, there is hope for me yet i guess. How do i get to the bounty hunter forum? Thanks alot, brad

KIXLSYD said:
wow, that is great, there is hope for me yet i guess.? How do i get to the bounty hunter forum?? Thanks alot, brad

Here's a link to the Bounty Hunter main page: http://www.detecting.com/
Click on the "Bulletin Board" for the forum, you'll have to register 1st.
This site and the BH forum are my 2 favorites. There's a bunch of them out there though,
just type in"Metal detecting forum" into your browser.

Hey Coool .. I had a 1960 Comet stationwagon too.. That and a 65 Austin Cooper (one of the real ones, not one of those yuppie mobiles you see today) The Old joke about the Comet was they wanted to call it the vomit because it came in 12 pukey colours.. but hell I liked mine.. When my wife and I got married, we used it to go on the honeymoon, and had to back it up to the front door of the motel, so we could push it down the hill to get it started everyday.. My wife was scared of the Cooper.. She said it made me drive like an idiot.. She was right... It WAS fun!!!

I have a Radio Shack 3000 also a swap meet $40.00 special. I also have a White's Prizm II which I use a little. I do not like the touch pads and pinpointing. Most of my finds have been with my $10.00 swap meet special of Radio Shack 1000. (Bounty Hunter Tracker IV). It has a real meter and very basic. I often cover a lot of ground in playgrounds, lakes, parks, and forest land. I hunt in my local small communities and keep a small profile. No digging in the grass. My machine works on dry soil, wet soil, sand and in the water of fresh water lakes. Have found lots of coins, some jewelry, silver - my best a 1900 Morgan silver dollar. Also hundreds of old soda pop bottles when the lakes were at their lowest. The areas that I keep returning to and have cleaned most of the trash I detect on all metal. Find nickels and relics that way. In most of the areas I have been the only one metal detecting. Not many people here in the mountains with metal detectors. I think they are looking for the big hits. Gold nuggets from old mining, etc. Gretchen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back