Im feelin like a fossil-

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm feelin like a fossil-

Picked up this nodule today containing a fish fossil at the TS today. It's probably be my last find for awhile since I have to have emergency arm surgery next week due to last months work accident. Then followed by 3 months of rehab. But I bet I'll be hunting treasures again soon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,where did you find that??

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty unique. How big is it?.... Now be careful at work from now on. No jobs worth getting yourself all messed up. "Safety First"

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some like that, but they are just ferns and small, about 3 inches long or so. Thats a great piece for the cabinet!!

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fish is 10" long and 3" wide. The funny thing about work is that I planned on retiring this March. Now I'm filing for a 3/4 line of duty disability pension while I burn my sick leave and vacation time till October.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that is a Mazon Creek concretion a fish that size should be worth several thousands of dollars. Can you tell us what state it was purchased in?

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your best wishes.

I found it in New York three blocks from my Orthopedic Surgeons office.

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just noticed that their appears to be handwriting along the upper boarders. When I get a chance I'll try and get better pictures and post it.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fish is 10" long and 3" wide. The funny thing about work is that I planned on retiring this March. Now I'm filing for a 3/4 line of duty disability pension while I burn my sick leave and vacation time till October.
That's a helluva thrift store. Hope the surgery goes well. Worked a Civil Service job huh, may have to get a lawyer on it. That fossil id is a real beauty and I hope the writing helps ID the origin.

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the wishes and advice Diggummup,

Yes, civil service but I am not comfortable naming the agency since they have a repressive Internet policy; dedicated employees whose job is to search the Internet for social media mentions and review their content. I've contacted an attorney to handle the pension.

The TS is high volume and do not spend much if any time researching most of the items except for jewelry and handbags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread