I’m guessing Dandy Button 1750’s ish?

Av8hermommy

Nov 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
74337C33-3486-45BA-A3D9-06D8193B7AA3.jpeg
Any more info would be appreciate as I couldn’t find this design online. Found on the Florida east coast.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome to the forums. Please post a picture of the back along with measurements or a known item, like a quarter, for a size comparison. Unless you have very small hands your find looks a little big for a button.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks of it that thing is huge. Place it in the last quarter of the 18th century. They were very popular back then. Buttons were much smaller in the 1750's. It's a nice find especially since it's not all bashed up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Av8hermommy

Nov 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome to the forums. Please post a picture of the back along with measurements or a known item, like a quarter, for a size comparison. Unless you have very small hands your find looks a little big for a button.

Unfortunately, being found in a preserve, I had to return it. I’m estimating 3.0-3.5cm. The back contained no inscriptions and the loop was broken. It wasn’t textured, nor was there any design on the back.

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of the world did your find come from? 3.0-3.5 cm converts to 1.18-1.38 inches.That would make it roughly the size of a US quarter to a US half dollar. May I ask who is holding your find?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Av8hermommy

Nov 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, being found in a preserve, I had to return it. I’m estimating 3.0-3.5cm. The back contained no inscriptions and the loop was broken. It wasn’t textured, nor was there any design on the back.

Found just north of St Augustine, FL, at the banks of the Guana River. I’m told it was previously a Minorcan fishing village.
GTM Reserve. Yes, larger than a quarter about the size of a half-dollar.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread