Im new to dowsing, need recommendations.

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to dowsing, need recommendations.

I would really like to get more involved in dowsing so I started reading a lil on the subject. I was wonder if anyone can recommend good reading on the subject for the beginner and make a recommendation as to which type of rods to get.

I have seen rods of brass, copper and steel, with and without handles, short to long in length.

Many Thanks and HH

OP
OP
jocap

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm new to dowsing, need recommendations.

Well, I found a book that seems very informative and after reading a few reviews others have found it to be very good.

It's called Dowsing for Beginners, How to Find Water, Wealth and Lost Objects . The partial ebook can be found here
http://tinyurl.com/2shhoc but it's still in print and can be bought at Amazon or Barnes & Noble for about $10.

HH

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro

Modern Dowsing by Raymond C Willey (out of print) Abebooks.com has a bunch of used.

If you find a better one, please tell me.

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other

hi jocap, although i'm not much of a good dowser it still doesn't mean i don't love everything about it and believe in it. Recently i purchased an e-book by David Villanueva who is a treasure hunter and author. You can reach him at his web site www.truetreasure.com. He utilizes dowsing along with metal detecting. Good luck in it!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BudP said:
Modern Dowsing by Raymond C Willey (out of print) Abebooks.com has a bunch of used.

If you find a better one, please tell me.

I do not know if it is out of print but I just bought a new copy through amazon. Even though the name says "modern" it was originally written about 1950. It is well written and I am about 75% through it. So far everything has to do with finding water.

I am hoping the balance of the book goes into finding other things. If not I think his techniques can be adapted. It was only about $10-11 including postage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread