smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Health reason is one thing. Everybody has limits and some you just can't steer around if it's health related. If he's a friend, communication should be good enough between you two to figure out a solution. CCDAMEEK and I have hunted together a few times now and we both kinda go till we can't see good anymore.
I push things a little hard being a young spry lad...:laughing7:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi .May be you should find another activity to share with your friend ,seems 2 hours the limit . How about bingo TP

That won’t work. When my mother was still alive her bingo sessions ran for HOURS!
dts

PS - Miss you, ma.

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
What CCDAMEEK said.
I was thinking whatever the reason he wantS to hang out with you, it doesn’t seem to be detecting.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just like going to the club/bar with your friends. Some want to party hard and close that club down and others nurse a drink or two and always have to get home to their wife/cat's/kids/bed/Netflix/ etc by 10....

Always drive separate so you can close the joint down if you're in the mood to party!

Ehhh ... best not drive at all.

Uber or Cab only.

Or your night could quickly turn to nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a few experiences with this.

1. Ride with me your in it for the long haul or meet me there.
2. You go with me... Follow my motto - DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash.
3. No whining... I have my girl for that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell him we can hunt, but we are taking 2 cars.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A married friend of mine just started the hobby, and he's labeled me his mentor. I am good with that, I do know lots about detecting after a decade of self teaching, which can help a beginner.

Week3. We have wasted several good weather days with him calling it quits after 2 hours, even less than that at times. "The wife has literally been out of town" twice, and he still quits early. I have been altering my own preferred hunts, seeking silver coins, which takes driving away from his city, not TOWARD IT, on relatively glorious weather days. Weather is rarely "good" here lately.

Here's the question. Do I start dumping on his requests to go? I've opened up a little a time or two about non comital of time with short meets. I thought today was fairly established as a serious detecting day, more than just 2 hours...the wife is gone for the weekend.

Do I dump him or be really forward with a lifetime friend, even more than I've been before? I wasted a great day today, all for a flimsy 2 hours again. I was pissed off but held it in.

Are you 100% sure you understand his intentions or desire to learn this hobby? Is it possible he feels he's making the "sacrifice" to learn your hobby so he can spend time with you? Just make sure you're not the the only one biting your tongue.

OO

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I have to drive a significant distance, then i want to hunt until dusk. The issue is when hunting someone else's permission. I won't hunt someone else's permission alone, so its either leave earlier than I want, or go elsewhere.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ehhh ... best not drive at all.

Uber or Cab only.

Or your night could quickly turn to nightmare.

It's only a nightmare when you wake up and get to eye your mate with a clearer head and realize you done messed up bringing her/him home...

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only a nightmare when you wake up and get to eye your mate with a clearer head and realize you done messed up bringing her/him home...

Ya mean coyote ugly?? So ugly that you'd rather chew your arm off than wake it up...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OR worse... you wake up with someone screaming at the top of their lungs and you realize your in jail.

Or even worse yet...

You wake up in a body cast in the hospital...

And even worse than even worse...

The nurse see's you are awake and says that the police are here to arrest you as soon as possible because you crashed into someone else.

It can get even worse than even worse than even worse...

Shall I continue ?

someone else getting hurt or worse... IS WORSE.

PS... Note to all who drive drunk selves - Take a Cab or Uber you cheap bass turds.

Because its cheap... real cheap ... unlike the above scenarios.

Besides... if you cant afford a ride to and from the bar... you cant afford to go out to drink. heh

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Or use the #1 rule - whoever drives, rules.

Or #2 rule - sure, you can sit in the car.

We've always driven separate cars(my idea every time) but his stipulation of a hunt spot was in his city, close by to him. That is not a big problem being we live live 10 mins away. Brand new friend from a lifetime...you dedicate

But, I would have electively driven the opposite direction for hunt spots with high promises, on God's "Glory Day" of 70 degree temps. A power-hunt day in atmosphere, here.

This last bail-out my friend gave WAS most likely it for me. There was no good reason. That was a angry type ride away. I thought I had said enough. It still happened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread