What's new

Im remembering why I dont see Old Dude posting every week.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm remembering why I don't see Old Dude posting every week.

When one starts doing what we all want to do in this hobby, find OLD stuff!! I mean
like not just settling for clad every time out, like I'd been. ;)

When one really starts to do the "work" part, the research, the knocking for permissions, the limiting to
mostly places that have a fair chance of finding "old".

When one starts doing all that, as I have started doing again, the finds dwindle! The chance at quality goes
up! But, the actual finds go down. When one only finds a nail, or one penny or one bullet. They don't feel
much like posting. LOL ;)

Like, the slightly disappointing showing I'm about to present. :)

2015 (730).webp
2015 (731).webp
2015 (732).webp

Dunno what the bullet is, but the shell is interesting. Not one I would expect here.

2015 (733).webp

Don't think Blingie's liking the new style. :)

Thanks for peeking!
 
Upvote 26
There are literally billions of nice finds still in the ground. Sure, local extremely small (compared to acres of Earth) locations might start to dwindle, but such is hardly a reason to give up. Maybe drive or research a few miles further...
 
I'm also excited from a session even if it's one crappy coin that I wouldn't even join into a 50-penny roll to try to trick banks, or try to insert into a coinstar machine. That terrible penny is MINE even if I throw it in the trash, and is worth an expeditiion. I'm excited for every damned penny I pull up. Even horribly deformed pennies. I just tricked whoever lost it with my magic machine and got that penny back. And obviously we also trick other losers of valuable things by finding those same valuable things. But finding a lost item, even a corroded penny, is a delight in its own.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom