What's new

Im seeing stars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
I'm seeing stars

Since moving to Kentucky, I've seen a lot of these stars on peoples houses and barns. Can someone tell me what they mean? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • ky 056.webp
    ky 056.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 401
  • ky 057.webp
    ky 057.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 387
Re: I'm seeing stars

I'm sure some people put stars on their house as decor, but I've always heard it means a family member in the military. Blue means someone has gone to war and yellow means someone was killed in active duty. The meaning could be different depending on the region, for example in PA/Amish put hex signs to ward off evil spirits, and many coastal people put stars to represent the North star for sailors. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm seeing stars

I don't think these are the same thing. There is one on an old barn down the road from me that is very large and it's very old too. Like over 50 years old.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm seeing stars

Thanks for those links. Interesting. :thumbsup:

"Spider-cat" :o ROFL ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm seeing stars

Felinepeachy said:
I don't think these are the same thing. There is one on an old barn down the road from me that is very large and it's very old too. Like over 50 years old.

If it was on a barn, it was probably a hex/good luck sign. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm seeing stars

Go Cowboys! :D

Dallas-Cowboys-logo.jpg


DCMatt (formerly TXMatt)
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm seeing stars

My daughter lives in a rent home owned by a Texas University grad and the whole darn house is decorated by stars inside and out. They have talked about buying the house but can't decide what do do with all the stars! Since they are Sooner fans the stars are sacreligious! Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm seeing stars

the stars in the pics are nothing more than Americana Decor. My mother has one too, I see them for sale in Wally's world of chinese wonders, Lowes, K-Mart, Dollar General, etc. mostly in the garden department
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom