What's new

Im starting to like creek hunting

tnmudman

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
709
Reaction score
1,537
Golden Thread
0
Location
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found another good point yesterday in another creek it was easy to spot as the in situ shows. Its very similar to the one I found last week in another creek very close by. 0421181750.webp0421181752a.webp0422181012.webp0421181750a.webp
 
Upvote 0
Wow! Nice! Looks old.
 
I have tried to figure out what type these 2 points are but I havent seen an example that I could say that is what it is. They have a random flaking pattern, so I guess that rules out being really old, im not sure. I hope someone who sees this may know.
 
Nice! Got a close up of the opposite side of the one with the white ear?
 
Nice!!! Whole pieces are always nice.
 
Creek walking to me is the best and it gets better if you can find items close to the head waters, they don't get much tumbling and break. Great finds:occasion14:
 
That’s a good haul! The one on the right of the pic of 3, kinda looks like it may have had ears.
Looking on my phone though.
 
Very nice.Congrats :thumb_up:
 
Paleo for sure. They sort of look like Brown's Valley. Gary
 
Thanks for the comments I will check out browns valley points im not familiar with that type, Here is a pic which shows the other side of that point sandchip.these points came from small creeks which come of the side of a mountain so they are very close to the origin of the streams monsterrack so that may be why they are relatively undamaged.0422181012d.webp
 
Here is some more pics hopefully better. Also this point seems to have what I think is refered to as a median ridge on this other side I dont know if you can tell by the pic though0423180719.webp0423180718a.webp
 
Sure has that Paleo look to it. Any basal grinding?
 
Its hard for me to tell sandchip the edges arent as sharp in base area but I couldn't really say
 
creek hunting sounds good, but by the time it's warm enough for me I figure the bugs will eat me alive
 
They were getting after me a little but not real bad here at this time of year. Where are you located? Im going to guess Indiana.
 
Cant rule out Guilfords, Copenas, and of course Greenville but I have to admit the one in hand does look like a Beaver Lake to me. The middle one looks like a nice Guilford
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom