Steve in PA
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jul 5, 2010
- Messages
- 9,667
- Reaction score
- 14,518
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure someone will be able to ID this for me (SOLVED)
I found this at an old house site (now gone) that has given up buttons and coins from the 1820s to 1910. Most of the relics seem to be from the 1830's to 1870s.
I believe I have seen this thing before. Obviously a wooden rod went into it. The dimensions are 2 5/8 inches long and 15/16" diameter at the open end. The diameter seems to be too small to be flagstaff related. I'm sure someone here knows exactly what it is.
I found this at an old house site (now gone) that has given up buttons and coins from the 1820s to 1910. Most of the relics seem to be from the 1830's to 1870s.
I believe I have seen this thing before. Obviously a wooden rod went into it. The dimensions are 2 5/8 inches long and 15/16" diameter at the open end. The diameter seems to be too small to be flagstaff related. I'm sure someone here knows exactly what it is.
I put them in my files in alphabetical order and I can retreive them within seconds. I file Whiffletree under W and I think the particular image I posted came from another member. I have your cool New Orleans hearst and gator pic in my files as well.

AAAARRRGGGGHHH. I'm getting a headache.






