Im thinking, its best not to bother Him.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking, it's best not to bother Him.

Something happened that has made me think that I just might be
doing something wrong.

I was out for what I thought to be a nice long walk. Thinking back to my specific
ring prayer recently, I thought I'd one up the request. I went into a very, very
specific request. One that I thought wasn't over the moon but very possible.

I tried to detail it like I imagined Perry Mason might phrase the request.

This is what I got.

2014 (386).jpg 2014 (387).jpg

BUT!!!

That isn't the end of the story. For, you see, as soon as I stood up and
started swinging, my headphones quit working, altogether. :(

Those that know the ATP know that can be a chore to change out in normal conditions.
Let alone in the rain. So, I quit.

More importantly though, I'm afraid now. I'm thinking that I've just been told that
fun is fun but that I shouldn't be wasting His time asking for finds. Challenging him
with specifics.

I hope I haven't made Him too angry with me! (YIPES!! )

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 11

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes we just need to be reminded. I think today was your day :). HH

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And maybe it is the opposite and he is giving you his blessing. Just gave you your find for today.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He will give you the desire of your heart. In His time, in His way, in His will. You know this.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This weekend I was 4 hours into a hunt and then realized that I forgot to help someone at my church move. I had to pray for forgiveness while swinging, but I was ashamed that I let my personal endeavors get into the way of helping someone, but with my twisted schedule it was no surprise that I forgot. Anyway, I was glad that they were not expecting me, but that I was going to just drop in and surprise them to help.

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks almost identical to one I just found the other day. Where yours says 1830 mine says promoter. I found one online that looks like yours but the 1830 was wore so I thought it was the same as the one I found. Well you just helped me better identify my pendant. Kind of a bummer for me. Hah

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could also be that He knows exactly what is there and what is not, and the item you requested wasn't there at that time. It truly doesn't matter you are loved, I think that is why He gave you the pendant as a reminder, so you would know He is not mad, just that your request could not be granted at that time.

Hope you got your headphones fixed.

This is kinda of weird. :icon_scratch: Sunday I went out MD'ing in the rain had to bag the detector. Got to the school and the parking lot is blocked off for a driver's Ed car, that's a first! Had to park else where and walk, wanted to avoid that. The bench I wanted to search around for the half dollar signal, had been moved couldn't find it. One ear of my head phones stopped working! Un plugged it and discovered a small piece of plastic was on the plug, fix that, my phone rings, I have to go home and check on something. All I got there was clad.
Later I went to the beach, lost my pin pointer :BangHead: but found it. :hello2: I was there for 1hour- found 1 quarter, and a pouch full of trash, no zincs at all! I'm thinking I was supposed to stay home that day and didn't listen. :dontknow:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again ! Do to his sense of humor and his proclivity to give you what you need instead of giving you what you want while still answering your prayer requests at the same time. I don't dare pray for anything any more except for one more day to detect and pray ! MaineRelic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions