Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired of...

No new post about finds. The questions are ok, but i wish that the ratio be more equal. So, from now on, I'm posting all my mediocre water finds to try and get more interest

I have a beach hunter ID and many beaches and parks in the thumb of Michigan. I went to the most popular and started to learn my machine, so here is what i got

2 antique shotgun shells (look foreward to seeing ALOT of these...)
Sinker
30 cents clad
nails and trash

I also found a lake monster (wires/fishing line tangle) of

20-30 electrical wire (any ideas for stripping?)
cotton line
fishing line
and a good length of foot-ripping barbed wire

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 866
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm tired of...

Many don't need to post their finds anymore. They know what they've found and don't need to be praised for finding a nice ring or bunch of coins, etc. Some have gotten jealous too that someone found such and such and told them that they thought the finds were fake an feelings get hurt. Words get thrown about and then someone gets banned or worse for saying something they didn't really mean.

Post pics if you must, but don't get upset cause someone says you left out all the pull tabs.

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ok, but i wish i get to see a bit more....thanks

HH
-GC

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II

you said ....20-30 electrical wire (any ideas for stripping?) I am an electrician... we throw it in a 55 gallon drum, and add a bit of diesel....

I find a ton of the old shotgun shells too.

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx

ahhhh ...well to throw in a few words ...

I never have posted any of my finds...I have not found a lot..but I have found some
good stuff..

golden coin, the essence of detecting is enjoying yourself and doing something that
you enjoy...

I enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities and treasure hunting lets me get out and enjoy
nature....

Be patient there ...and one day ..one day..you will find what you are looking for...
took me 8 yrs after finding my first gold coin..to find another...

I hunt a lot and have been to 5 countries hunting..hence the nickname..cazar means
hunt in spanish...I still have places I want to go...things I want to see...and things
that I want to do...but I am patient..because one day I know I will...

keep swinging..and you shall find...

I also impart this little bit of wisdom....do your homework on hunting for treasure...
go where the treasure IS ..not where it was.... same as hunting..go where there are
animals..not where they were...

have a good one

glory-days

Greenie
Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Whites IDX Pro

I also like looking at the finds but what I enjoy most from this forum is the knowledge and wisdom from all you folks. I am fairly new to this hobby and I really love hearing how the most successful detectorist's go about getting all those great finds. Any bits of information that I can pick up is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Glory-Days :)

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
Hey SWR

True, fine strands don't get along with fire. Most of what I run across is THHN , and a lot of #10 or #12 solid. Fire works great for that. PS don't stand over the barrel and take deep breaths... HH Joe

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Good heavens! Post everything you find. It's nice to know that someone is going out and doesn't ALWAYS find good stuff. It makes me feel like what I find is about normal. I gotta say that when people come in and post that they found 28 rings and 100 dollars in change last Saturday I (I'm being sarcastic here), then come in and say I found 16 rings, a gold bracelet, a diamond solitaire and 50 dollars last Sunday - I'm a little skeptical. I don't say anything because I don't want people to stop posting no matter what they find. We can't ALL be great hunters but we CAN have fun. I think that is one good reason to post all your finds, not just the good stuff. Anyway that is mho! ::)

davesx

Aug 27, 2006
essex, england

mumszie said:
Good heavens! Post everything you find. It's nice to know that someone is going out and doesn't ALWAYS find good stuff. It makes me feel like what I find is about normal. I gotta say that when people come in and post that they found 28 rings and 100 dollars in change last Saturday I (I'm being sarcastic here), then come in and say I found 16 rings, a gold bracelet, a diamond solitaire and 50 dollars last Sunday - I'm a little skeptical. I don't say anything because I don't want people to stop posting no matter what they find. We can't ALL be great hunters but we CAN have fun. I think that is one good reason to post all your finds, not just the good stuff. Anyway that is mho! ::)
I'm with you mumszie

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000

Goldcoin It is too earily in the season yet. Wait till after the 4th of July. You will get plenty of rings and coins when people start to swim in earnest. When you go to the beach and smell sun tan lotion'thats it that is the smell of money. Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

weres the pull tabs
lame2.gif

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,

hoping next month i'll be posting more, going to va beach week of 14th, trying out my waterproof job on my sov gt, nothing wrong with your finds good to see you posting, but for me working 7 days aweek cant out out much, tnks rjnail

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

I've been posting all my water hunting finds under "Today's finds". Seems that's where everyone was putting them so I followed suit. But I know what you mean. I started to post them here and switched, when I saw them all there.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Personnally I get confused by so many darn different areas and I post everything in "Today's Finds" That is where I always look first but generally I will check out the beach area too. To me "Today's Finds" means anything you've found today no matter where you found it. It would be helful if people would say... I found it at the beach, the park, on the baseball field, in the parking area and so on. They don't have to get specific. I found such and such at the beach in the dry sand area, by the lifeguard station, in the wet sand, out in the surf about 5 feet... etc etc. I suppose if you are only interested in say RELICS then you wouldn't be interested in what anyone else found if it wasn't a relic. Well, that is just my thoughts on the subject for what they are worth. ::)

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mumszie said:
Personnally I get confused by so many darn different areas and I post everything in "Today's Finds" That is where I always look first but generally I will check out the beach area too. To me "Today's Finds" means anything you've found today no matter where you found it. It would be helful if people would say... I found it at the beach, the park, on the baseball field, in the parking area and so on. They don't have to get specific. I found such and such at the beach in the dry sand area, by the lifeguard station, in the wet sand, out in the surf about 5 feet... etc etc. I suppose if you are only interested in say RELICS then you wouldn't be interested in what anyone else found if it wasn't a relic. Well, that is just my thoughts on the subject for what they are worth. ::)

I normally post anything good under todays finds. However, i'm posting finds i normaly don't post from the water to put more news into this forum.

HH
-GC

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

When I post my finds from hunting in the water, I just post pics of the silver and gold jewelry. I also dig up a ton of garbage and coins, but don't have the time to picture them. I just throw it in the back of my truck and clean it out once in a while. Just lazy I guess.

The following is the junk accumalated from about 8-10 outings. You gotta dig a lot of garbage to get the good stuff!!

HH 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 447
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 449
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 440

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

WOW! What a collection. You could recycle that and turn it into an R.V.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the Aquasound doesn't grab pull tabs?

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Surfrat96,

You really should stop by the dump sometime, I think you would get better gas mileage.

PS, If you find that much trash you have to have made a good find or two?

Ed D.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

GuyInBack said:
WOW! What a collection. You could recycle that and turn it into an R.V.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the Aquasound doesn't grab pull tabs?

I get plenty of pulltabs, you just can't see them all in the pic. The Aquasound doesn't pull any bottlecaps! You should have seen all the bottlecaps I had dug with the excalibur. With the Excalibur you get a bottlecap sound and don't have to dig, but certain one's give a good signal.

Surfrat96,

You really should stop by the dump sometime, I think you would get better gas mileage.

PS, If you find that much trash you have to have made a good find or two?

Ed D.

Hey Ed, I'm cleaning out the bed of the truck today! I've found my fair share of gold and silver, I just don't post everything, just depends on my time. All of my metal detectors I have bought have been paid with my Gold. The change pays for the parking and gas!

I like to see the trash...makes me feel that what I'm finding is about right. I don't know if I'd keep it all though.

Mumzie, I don't keep it all. I just accumulate it until I get sick of looking at it! LOL!

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread