Im tired

pakeha63

Nov 13, 2008
Stockton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo ST
I'm tired

Well, I just had to go out again. A guy at work said he's been finding coins from the 1800's in his plowed field. I'm excited, I haven't found a coin pre 1965 >:( The day here was really foggy, and 59 degrees. Get there, and figured out real quick that I wasn't prepared for field hunting. My shoes gained weight immediately from the mud sticking. After about 2 hours of finding iron, and aluminium plus the scrapping of mud off my shoes so I could walk easier, it was time to go. I noticed there was a park right next to his property which I had never been to. I said goodbyes, and heading down the road. This park has 2 playgrounds with woodchips :) Managed to pull 80 coins, nick knacks, a nice ring which I think may be cheap, and an earring that is gold with 4 diamonds.
Saw a school that was connected to the park with 2 large playgrounds, but I decided to try those later as I was tired from yesterdays detecting, and momma needs the Christmas lights put up ::)

Happy hunting everyone.

Attachments

• 20081129.JPG
    20081129.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm tired

Welcome to my world. Stick to the fields, may take time & energy but will be worth the effort. Unless you're happy with what you're doing, as that is what counts in the end.

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Eighty coins is awesome! :thumbsup:

KG6YLL

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!

Nice stuff :thumbsup: hope the weather holds for you so you gan hit it again when you rest up!

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York

pakeha63 said:
Well, I just had to go out again. A guy at work said he's been finding coins from the 1800's in his plowed field. I'm excited, I haven't found a coin pre 1965 >:( The day here was really foggy, and 59 degrees. Get there, and figured out real quick that I wasn't prepared for field hunting. My shoes gained weight immediately from the mud sticking. After about 2 hours of finding iron, and aluminium plus the scrapping of mud off my shoes so I could walk easier, it was time to go. I noticed there was a park right next to his property which I had never been to. I said goodbyes, and heading down the road. This park has 2 playgrounds with woodchips :) Managed to pull 80 coins, nick knacks, a nice ring which I think may be cheap, and an earring that is gold with 4 diamonds.
Saw a school that was connected to the park with 2 large playgrounds, but I decided to try those later as I was tired from yesterdays detecting, and momma needs the Christmas lights put up ::)

Happy hunting everyone.

Number One: If you want to find pre-1965 coins, don't waste time digging IRON! The time you're wasting digging iron, might be time you could be digging a more promising good signal. Number two: Don't give up, go back to that field, put in more than two hours, and don't dig iron.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I prefer a good field hunt but battery money is also welcome! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread