What's new

Im too young to know what this is...

Muddy Treats

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
98
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where The Rivers Meet, WV
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm too young to know what this is...

but i bought it anyways because i thought it was cool. My luck it's probably something used for gross things. Haha. I bought this a few years ago at a yard sale and always wanted to know how old it is and what it was used for. Thanks for helping me out.







 

Attachments

  • mystery bottle 001.webp
    mystery bottle 001.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 837
  • mystery bottle 002.webp
    mystery bottle 002.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 814
  • mystery bottle 003.webp
    mystery bottle 003.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 802
  • mystery bottle 004.webp
    mystery bottle 004.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 802
  • mystery bottle 001.webp
    mystery bottle 001.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 816
  • mystery bottle 002.webp
    mystery bottle 002.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 801
  • mystery bottle 003.webp
    mystery bottle 003.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 797
  • mystery bottle 004.webp
    mystery bottle 004.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 807
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

I think that is called a positive pressure flow meter used in lab experiments.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

Maybe for aspirating sinus cavities :headbang:......NGE
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

It is a spritzer,used for spraying a light coat of liquid. I used one to spray bananna oil on model airplanes. Bob
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

Could it be for removing chest cavity fluid ?
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

With the dip tube going all the way to the bottom I agree it is for spritzing or squirting. Something for vacuum purposes would have a shorter internal tube on it.

It would be used for bursts, or squirts for sure but wouldn't be a measured amount since the bulb can be squeezed unevenly. Also, if the bulb were "pumped" to pressurize the container for liquid flow it still wouldn't be a constant since the pressure would decrease over time and affect the flow rate.

Look and see if there are ANY markings on it, if so post a pic of them and I'll bet it gets an ID quickly.

Grip
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

sticksboards said:
BACK IN THE 1940'S MY COUSIN USED SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR HER ASTHMA

VERY good point, this could be an early nebulizer.

Grip
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

The creme color bulb looks like a babies aspirator (snot sucker)
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

It's just an old water bottle. Squeezing the rubber ball repeatedly increases the pressure inside the jar, forcing water up the spout. Simple yet effective.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

Atomizor for spraying plants. Cira 1920-1940.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

Thanks for all the replies and ideas. On the rubber part it says "Koraseal" or "koroseal". Hope this helps.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

The entry below suggests the oldest date (at least for the rubber bulb) is 1933.
"The vinyl product is odorless, weatherproof, age- and acid-resistant, when rolled into a ball it bounces down a hallway, and it will be introduced commercially in 1933 under the name Koroseal."
Koroseal is associated with B . F. Goodrich.

Don....


Source:http://www.answers.com/topic/1926
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm too young to know what this is...

We use one at the church where I work to fill the communion cups. You will fill the bottle with the grape juice and squizze the bubble to fill the the cup. When you let go of the bubble the juice flow stops, this allows the cups to be filled perfectly with out spilling. I know several other churches use them too. I think that they are sold in most church supply catloges. It is a old design but still works great.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom