Image Resizer

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Image Resizer
This Microsoft PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

Download and install. Notice: NO NEED TO REBOOT/RESTART Windows!!!

This program allows you, within Windows XP only, to add a photo resize option to your Right-Click context menu.
You can also highlight all photos in a folder (Ctrl+A) and Right-Click to resize all the photos at once.
Instructions/Options:
Right-Click -> Resize Pictures -> Small (640x480), Medium (800x600), Large (1024x768),
Handheld PC (240x320) -> Advanced Tab -> Custom (enter your own size), Make Pictures Smaller But Not Larger, Resize Original Pictures (don't create copies)

I always suggest to leave the last Resize Original Pictures tab unchecked, unless you are sure you want to change the size properties *permanently* of your original picture.

Hope this program will help everyone on here that seems to have issues with resizing photos. I've been using this same program for years now!

Bran <><

castle keep

Oct 23, 2007
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Any that go bleep !!!!!
Thank you so much this is awesome, i was having a nightmare resizing my pics now with one click they are all done at once ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, no problem for either of you!
I'm glad I was able to help you all... :)
Hope to see your pic's soon!!

Bran <><

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got one that works with Vista?

I hate Vista

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nada. Sorry. I didn't think about it not working with Vista... guess that's something for me to keep in mind, seeing as how I may be purchasing a new laptop soon, and I'm sure it'll have Vista on it. *sigh* I may have to downgrade to XP Pro again if I hate it enough. We'll see....

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
Thanks Bran, took 30 seconds to install and works great

Charlie

You're welcome, Charlie. Glad people are reading this post and finding out about it. I've used it for years now. It's basically invaluable to me. Makes me almost not want to go to Vista. Oi. We'll see I guess.

Bran <><

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder if it will work in compatibility mode. Might be worth a try.. Did I mention I hate Vista?

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich in Houston said:
I wonder if it will work in compatibility mode. Might be worth a try.. Did I mention I hate Vista?

Not sure, haven't had the privilege of playing with Vista at all. I've only heard the terrible word-of-mouth.

Rich in Houston said:
Did I mention I hate Vista?

Guess that goes without saying... ;)

Bran <><

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does it work for vista ???

::) :D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks rich just checking ::) ;D

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I thought this post would die because I switched to 64-bit Vista... but I just found the fix!!

I just found this program, Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows... and it's an EXACT clone for the original PowerToy that Microsoft put out! At first, I didn't think it worked... but then I realized there is a 64-bit version and a 32-bit version. I just installed the 64-bit and it works exactly like my old program did on XP.

So if it would benefit you, here's the link:
http://www.codeplex.com/PhotoToysClone/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=21593#ReleaseFiles

Using it from the Right-Click context menu is the exact same... in fact the program itself seems to be exactly the same as well! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I'm aware of, as it's a Microsoft (Windows) program... and I'm not at all familiar with Mac's.
Sorry!

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread