ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One of my friends, Craig is a member of Ringfinders and asked me if I wanted to help him on a search today. A lady lost her wedding set in a lake. He was told she could take us to within 20'. Well I decided why not. Got to the lake and we were going out on a pontoon boat. No problem. Loaded all our stuff on it and she took us out to the middle of the lake! I was thinking no possible way. She was on the ladder getting ready to water ski and she somehow flipped BOTH her rings off her finger. No GPS, just a camera photo.

I am thinking this will be impossible. We suit up and go in. The lake was shallow. Probably eight and a half foot deep where we were and a carpet of weeds on the bottom.

I am swinging my Fisher CZ-21 with the 10.5 inch coil. Craig is swinging an Excal with a 6" coil. After about an hour of searching and finding three ring pull tabs and a shot gun shell headstamp. I come up to Craig in the boat. They call me over. I thought they wanted to give up because it was 49° out. NO, Craig found the rings about 10' in front of the boat.

I was absolutely shocked! I knew we just had to get a coil over them but we were in the middle of nowhere!

Went to another lake after that and we played in the weeds on a drop off. I picked up two silver rings and an aluminum one. And a whole 38¢. Just got home. A three hour drive.

Last edited:
Upvote 33
Great effort, especially with the weeds that must have sucked.

She probably lined up with a telephone poll, distinctive tree or a house, from there just a matter of judging the angle and distance.
Guess she was lucky in the 1st place she noticed when they flew off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back