Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right we don't have no accent, but there are others on here who do. Too, cool, sounds like everythin came off as planned. I'm laughin so hard right now, and there's probably folks who think we're weird to laugh at funerals, but I laughed all the way through my Grandma Roseberry's funeral. Well, it's an Oklahoma thang, y'all. No, it's a celebration of a life lived, and I reckon that's the way I want to go. MG, pay attention, cause you shall be in charge of my farewell party, if you're still around. Yee-haw!!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His hat was there and one of his detectors and a Star Trek ship and his favorite shove for diggin!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
sounds like a celebration well fitted for him. I am glad it ended with a good laugh...proof positive Jeff was in it! :wink: I sure love ya!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I am so very sorry to hear of Jeff's passing. He was truly one of the forum's finest, and during my days here on TreasureNet I know that I had no better friend. It was always a pleasure to find a PM from "Stoney56" in my mailbox, or to swap posts with him, and his easygoing manner, kind heart, incredibly keen mind, and unique sense of humor enriched us all. More than once I went to him for advice, knowing that he would have just the right insight and perspective that I needed. Countless others counted on him, too, and he never let them down. It was, and is, an honor to be his friend.

Evelyn, my heart goes out to you and your family, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you in the days ahead. May our Lord bless and comfort you as only He can.

In sympathy today,
In friendship always...

PBK

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG,

I'm so glad it ended up a celebration of life with a good laugh at the end! :icon_thumleft: My best friend several years ago was buried in a 3 Stooges t-shirt and tennis shoes and the music played was Otis Reddings "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay"! This was him to a T and it made me smile the whole way thru knowing how much he would have loved that! Weird....? No, just a celebration of all the good times we had together....I still smile thinking about it! God Bless You and Your Family!!!!!!

Steve ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right we cried at the service and the 1st song at the grave "Judds Grandpa" then the ST stuff happened so it ended the way he would have liked .... minus the DMD bottle...

S

stefen

Again, I would like to express our deepest condolences.

If there is anything that we can do, please feel free to ask.

Stefen & Cristina

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie, Sniffer and I met at the dinner and went over to the funeral together. Although it was a solumn affair, Jeff had a good send off. Some beautiful flowers, a picture of him with his earphones on and his detector displayed at the alter. The preacher gave a nice accounting of Jeff's life and there was a video of various phases of his and Evy's life together. Then friends and relatives got a chance to make a statement and everyone that spoke bade well for Jeff. Evy delivered a very touching eulogy and her grandson did also. With that I bade my final good bye and went on realizing that our lives must go on. Very touching and thought provoking and sincere with not a dry eye in the house. Monty

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saying "Good Bye" can be the hardest thing in life sometimes!! :crybaby2:

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Evy..........surfice it to say that there are not enough words to send in sorrow for the passing of a dear friend......Jeff. We will all miss him and I am sure that he will be watching over us at the next meeting. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Sincerly,
Greg
(gregd573)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i am so saddened to hear this. Stoney56 was one of the good guys. i know im a little late but i am only learning about this now.......im in shock. :(

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I am still in stun mode.

Evy, you have so many beautiful friends at T-net who obviously care about you very much and loved your husband dearly.

My condolences,
Tori

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tori thank you soooo very much I do feel blessed by the out pouring of love shown for Jeff he is one of a kind.....

I will love and miss him for as long as I live!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poster-jesus-14_2_2_360x288shkl (2).jpg

Attachments

• poster-jesus-14_2_2_360x288shkl (2).jpg
    poster-jesus-14_2_2_360x288shkl (2).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 671

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Evy, I know I am a bit late, but did not know until you wrote to me today about Jeff. I am so very sorry :'( I really enjoyed his posts, and know that he had such a passion for his metal detecting and his family. He is and will be sadly missed by me.
I know I am far away from you, but if there are any speacial prayers that you need, or just want to talk, just drop me a PM.

God bless you and your family,
Peter

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
MG ...... Evy I still am in shock . I can not put into words the hurt that I feel . God calls those he needs right away first .... he needed Jeff . My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family . If there is anything I can do , please let me know
Your friend now and always . Craig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread