What's new

In situ of 1st notched Pt.

dbag1969

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
091300_1620[00].webp091300_1626[00].webp091300_1626[00].webp091300_2156[00].webp I think it's a graham cave but open to opinions...Linn Co. , Ia.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whoaa that is a nice one. It looks perfect from here. Congratulations dbag.
 
Nice find! Congrats on your first notched point. It will not be your last. I'm pretty sure you are hooked now.
 
AWESOME FIND!!! Hard to believe that its not broken!!!
 
Hey dbag1969!! WOW GORGEOUS POINT!! CONGRATS!! What a GORGEOUS POINT!! Thanks for Sharing!! I wish we had the opportunity to find high level finds down here!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
Thanks....missed it walking up the creek......I saw long and thin.......thought it was limestone and another 'dangit'.....It was awesome to find t and imagine t was lost taking down a deer from a hidey spot on the creek.......looks like a good tip for a spear.........just dreaming....HH...dbag
 
Thats a great find! Looks like no creek stain on it at all so it must of just washed out of the bank. Probably a camp site near by. Look for a high spot upstream from where you found it. HH, rock
 
I know.....it's like 1/8" thin....it's crazy thin....I might as well give up....can't top it in my years left...:)
 
Funny you say that.....there was a huge collapse of clay about 100 yds upstream that I investigated but I found nothing...not evenflakes
 
091300_1623[00].webpThis is the creek
 
Just past that tree looks like a good high bank. Look at the side of it to see if there is a level of rocks. I never find anything in the creek unless it is near small rocks
 
Beautiful point Dbag.....................GTP
 
That is an awesome find. Thanks for sharing.
 
Wow, there's actually water in your creek? Nice point. I'm in SE IA. When I first saw it I thought it looked like an IA point...
 
Yeah there is little bit of water left , not much though. I think it's spring fed as water is real cold. You are correct though many creeks are bone dry and river levels are real low for lack of rain. I'm going to hit the Cedar River tomorrow and see what turns up....lots of exposed gravel and sand bars with the low levels. Someone found a bison skull not long ago tossing a bait net. Also a canoer found NA skull on a sandbar somewhere near Ames a little while back. http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...ar/-/9357080/21529102/-/14noakgz/-/index.html
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom