Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 6

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Nice finds! I was wondering how are the laws regarding metal detectors in the UAE? What are your experiences so far?

OP
OP
LarsDubai

LarsDubai

Jan 12, 2015
Dubai in the UAE
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as one keeps to the public beaches it seems ok. Have talked to the beach police a couple of times and they are just curious. One has to be careful not to intrude on someone's privacy though, as that is a serious offense here. I can imagine that there would be more problems if one goes inland, as there always is a landowner somewhere for the land, even if just desert. So far I have had no problems and we are out every weekend.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We stayed in the Burj al-Arab for a few nights on the way to our honeymoon - simply amazing!

Cools finds BTW!

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds- even saw an Irish 5p in there- found one yesterday. At least you don't have beer caps to contend with! lol. BTW There was a documentary on UK tv Last night
called 'The Billion Dollar Hotel' all about the workings of that place, which might interest you. Gl and hh

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great assortment of finds.
IMO Many countries need to put more Art Work in to their Plain Coin's , Then again My Opinion.

I really love those shots of the Burj-al-Arab.
Thought they were a UFO at first. LOL

Always loved Sky Scrapers .
When I was young It was Sears Tower # 1, (walked 50 floors up it one time) Would have went higher but came to a locked door. Empire State was/is cool. Of Course Nothing Will replace WT 1 & 2.
I like the New Building in NY, Need to see it in Person.
Never saw WTC in person , I just recall in 1993 looking back over the river on the way home to Georgia, & seeing Those Super tall towers and the Flashing Antenna on top of the one tower. Cool memory.

I love all those tall Buildings Overseas As Well. Hope to see them Someday.
Thanks For the Post.
Davers

OP
OP
LarsDubai

LarsDubai

Jan 12, 2015
Dubai in the UAE
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The you'd love this one! Was up on the top the year it was inaugurated. However, one lost contact with the ground so it was less impressive to what I expected it to be.

https://www.google.ae/search?q=burj...com%2Fplace%2Fburj-khalifa-tower%2F;3000;1993

Great assortment of finds.
IMO Many countries need to put more Art Work in to their Plain Coin's , Then again My Opinion.

I really love those shots of the Burj-al-Arab.
Thought they were a UFO at first. LOL

Always loved Sky Scrapers .
When I was young It was Sears Tower # 1, (walked 50 floors up it one time) Would have went higher but came to a locked door. Empire State was/is cool. Of Course Nothing Will replace WT 1 & 2.
I like the New Building in NY, Need to see it in Person.
Never saw WTC in person , I just recall in 1993 looking back over the river on the way home to Georgia, & seeing Those Super tall towers and the Flashing Antenna on top of the one tower. Cool memory.

I love all those tall Buildings Overseas As Well. Hope to see them Someday.
Thanks For the Post.
Davers

OP
OP
LarsDubai

LarsDubai

Jan 12, 2015
Dubai in the UAE
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No beer caps and pull tabs? ??? Lol, the first beach we went to, Palace Beach, was totally full of it. Bad thing is that the pull tabs have mostly the same signature as the 50- and 25-fils coins, so you have to dig them too... Palace Beach is the party beach, as it is situated a little bit off from the city and the beach police does less frequent raids here, so there is a lot of alcohol consumption and other "activities" on the beach at night time, resulting in heaps of pull tabs, beer caps..and lost rings and money. Best find was a 17 gram platinum ring, worth almost 2000 USD. It weighs up digging tons of tabs :thumbsup:

Nice Finds- even saw an Irish 5p in there- found one yesterday. At least you don't have beer caps to contend with! lol. BTW There was a documentary on UK tv Last night
called 'The Billion Dollar Hotel' all about the workings of that place, which might interest you. Gl and hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread