in the woods tonight.

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
Ok here is my story.. I took the boys and went for a walk out in the woods next to my house (belt 2000) yes I had my IDX Classic SL with me... we had gone about 200 years and nothing not even a iron hit.. thin BEEP!! I look down and see a penny ID ??? sweep over it again BEEP!! penny again not moving mmm... ok so put pops out my digging tool I cut a plug 6" down... stop and BEEP!! mm still in the hole my heart is pumpimg now.. 200 yards in the woods about 400 yards from my house 17 miles from town 2 miles from the next house around.. ok I digg again.. picking up everything in my sand scoop... wait NO BEEP NOW??... sweep over my scoop BEEP i got it!!!.. shake all the sand out what do i see a penny... got to be a good one and stop and take in a deep deep air.. and look...
#@!$%#@! ... 1984-D ??? :'( :'( HOW THE HELL THIS GET HERE??!?!?!? ??? ??? I just about rapped my IDX around a TREE !!!....? ?>:( >:(

Morris
Ocala,Fl? 8)

Upvote 0
remember, its all about the anticipation and adventure!

You just never know. ?Could just as well been a silver dime. ?I was in the Colorado rockies one day at about 10,000 ft. elk hunting on a strip of land that I just knew no white man had seen before. ?Something caught my eye and on examination it was a Budweiser beer can! ?Now who in the world would want a beer so bad they would carry it 10,000 ft. up a mountain? ?Ah, the wonders of man! ? JIM

Klaatu said:
You searched for 200 years without a hit? Now that is what I call dedication. I would have quite after a couple of hours.? ?:-*

200 years?.... oops me bad.. sorry now that I stop and thank about it ... i just have to laugh....

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

jimmileo said:
You just never know. ?Could just as well been a silver dime. ?I was in the Colorado rockies one day at about 10,000 ft. elk hunting on a strip of land that I just knew no white man had seen before. ?Something caught my eye and on examination it was a Budweiser beer can! ?Now who in the world would want a beer so bad they would carry it 10,000 ft. up a mountain? ?Ah, the wonders of man! ? JIM

yep the wonders of man well never stop,... just got to luagh about it now... :D

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

MORRIS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY JUST THE EXCITEMENT OF WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS COMING OUT OF THE GROUND HAD 2 MAKE IT WORTH IT.YES
BUD

Glad you didn't wrap your detector around a tree, that would have made for an expensive penny! It is funny where you can find stuff.

-Mike

buudman said:
MORRIS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY JUST THE EXCITEMENT OF WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS COMING OUT OF THE GROUND HAD 2 MAKE IT WORTH IT.YES
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? BUD

you knwo if i got that excited out what it could have been just thanks what i would have done if it was a 1800's penny.... ??? ??? :-[ :-[

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

morris,

lol..too funny.....also glad ya didn't wrap your Md around the tree we would of had to hit joe up for the detector he got for $5.00..lol.....anyways..talk to you soon..gregg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back