What's new

Increased mercury in California Rivers

57chevy

Full Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2014
Messages
107
Reaction score
87
Golden Thread
0
Location
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'll still find some way to blame it on the dredgers. Next step will be a total ban! THEN what will be their excuse?!?!?
 
Oregon prospectors posted a youtube video on just the lead fishing weights they dredged out of the river. Way over 200 lbs.
Mercury occurs naturally in the environment. its called Cinnabar and it looks like pink to red paste on rock slabs. it can be turned to liquid mercury by simple brushfires.
The eco-terrorist would have you believe all the nasty stuff found in nature came from another planet. its already out there.
 
Last edited:
I have pulled out quite a bit of mercury on my grandpas old claim growing up. Every year I would fill up a few vials of the stuff. So I believe I cleaned up quite a bit rather than just letting it lay there and when storms come thru they tear up the dirt and move the mercury down river to our reservoirs... I hate the sierra club and the like!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom