pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to go to the Grandparents house for the weekend and got to do some digging. Found my first silver and my second Indian head penny. All so found my first wheat penny. 1945 mercury dime, 1905 Indian head penny, 1920, 1956, 1958 wheat penny's and a 1973 Canada 1cent. All so found pressed penny with the Lords Prayer on it. Found lots of other relics and even had my mom out with my backup machine. She found a mother goose figurine.

Attachments

• IMG_0040 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0040 (Medium).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_0043 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0043 (Medium).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0
Cool Finds!! I love those pressed pennies, I have found 1 it is from 1939 New York Worlds Fair. Love those Indian Head Cents too. I have only found 2 of those and if I read your post correctly you found an Indian Head cent before you even found a Wheat cent right?? Wow!! I have found a couple hundred wheat cents to just 2 Indian Head cents.

Yes Captian, you read correctly. I started off hunting my own yard and found lots of clad but nothing older than 65. Then I got permision to hunt and old house down the raod and found my first indian, 1906 and an old transit token from indianpolis that was from the 30s. My second indian (1905) is my oldest coin so far. :icon_sunny:

Nice finds. Really like the IH cent.....Matt

Isn't it an awesome feeling to dig up that which you are pretty sure an ancestor lost? I have hunted my Grandfather's farm several times. I have found little in coinage there so far, but near the side of the farmhouse I did find a 1953 silver Washington quarter. I am positive my Grandfather lost it while buttoning up the house one fall or possibly while taking insulation down from around the farmhouse in the spring. I don't care if silver goes to $50 bucks an ounce, that quarter isn't leaving my possession. I imagine that is how you feel about the change you found today. Congratulations and there is no history like that of our own family. T.

Thanks for your comments CladSpends2. My Grandparents were on the porch watching when I dug these up. My grandfather kept saying to my grandmother "well I guess everyone needs a hobby". The house has been in the family since the 20's and the house that was there before was family too. Lot's of history and a great feeling to get to preserve some of it. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Relish the fact your Grandparents are still with you to watch. My Grandfather past in '93 and my Grandmother just over 3 yrs ago. But, I do have them to thank for being a bit of a scrounger and Grampa in particular for the Md'ing hobby, as I can remember following him at the farm while he detected it 35 yrs before I did. That old detector is still up to the farm too, found it last winter while pawing around in the back room. Someday I should post a pic of it, it would make you laugh, but I know he found a couple of IH's and a 1917 wheaty there on the farm using it. Enjoy your people while you can.

T.

my first coin was an 1861 Indian Head before i got a wheat or silver!

nice haul!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back