What's new

Indian Church

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,349
Reaction score
8,462
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
This morning while it was still sorta rainy.......Indian Church on the Nez Perce reservation.
 

Attachments

  • 222.webp
    222.webp
    359.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 1111.webp
    1111.webp
    245 KB · Views: 95
Great subject.
 
I posted this on a local facebook group page and a Nez Perce lady responded : Hey, friends, yes, this is Nez Perce Tribal land, it is the Stites Presbyterian Church where the Nez Perce Christians came to worship. We sang English and NiMiiPuu Translated hymns of The Holy Trinity. Generations have come to this church over the years.
I am proud and honored that my grandfather and family were primary Stewards of this place of worship, by coordinating worship, music, holiday praises, joy of food and fellowship, heartfelt farewells to loved ones God has called home. Holds “Precious Memories”:
 
Have you any idea when this church was built?
 
Excellent, quaint, and humbling! :thumbsup:
 
Very pretty picture, thank you for sharing:icon_thumright:
 
beautiful photo and story..thanks
 
Have you any idea when this church was built?
I really don't know. It's not in use now as far as I know. The driveway is grown over with grass, and someone mows it along with the rest of the yard.....I didn't stay long enough to see if there's a cemetery nearby to possibly get a rough date by the grave stones.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom