What's new

Indian head cents

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
My 7 year-old son and I have been searching cents of late. The first time he searches he finds two 1943 steel cents. I tried to explain to him that this just does not happen. Anyhow, tonight I bring home $20 in cents to search and his first roll he pulls out 10 wheats! He's kind of stoked and we get around to wondering about the odds of getting an indian head cent.

So what are the odds cent searchers? I have found one in my 6 years of cent searching. I'd love to hear about IH scores you've had.

OWS
 
Upvote 0
Found my first tonight. It's beat, can't read a date on it.

Still my first IHC, I said "Holy shit!" when I saw it.
 
I have found 8 from rolls (2 in the same roll) and also 15 steel cents, it is very rare to find them, but it does happen

HH
-GC
 
I have searched about $315.00 in pennies and only got one. It is a 1902 in fair shape. I was stoked when I found it. I was not expecting to find one. I am hoping for another one soon.
HH
999digger
 
I have found a couple. I've been CRH'g a little over 4 yrs now and only added Cent's to my searches the last 2 years. I get $50 bags off machines occassionally and have found 1 or 2 that way and got 3 out of 1 box last year. Thats it! Very rare find those Injuns.

I'd say I have only searched around $3000 in cent's the last 2 years. Not my primary search desire.

Mojo
 
My son and I got one in about 50 boxes searched so far.
 
I have only found one--in a customer roll. It was bent fairly bad. Clean, pretty, but darn it, it was bent!

Hope to find a decent one someday.

HcentH,
apush :read2:
 
..try going through 20,000 cents/wk. I've pulled about 12 indians out in the past 8 mos. including an 1864 'L' in Fine - the nice lady offered me $120.00 at the coin show for it. :headbang:

mebe
 
Out of the 3,898,687 pennies I have searched through since 1/1/2007 I have found 30 (and a handful prior to that date, but my records aren't as good back then)

That works out to 1 every 130,000 or so. Granted I found 14 of the 30 spread over two $50 bags at one bank stop, but that's how averages work.
 
I didnt get any in 3 yrs.
and for some reason Ive found 5 in 1 1/2 yrs.
I search alot of pennies to.
At one time I was up to 170 boxes, stoped counting though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom