Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see a person can still find some old coinage in circulation, nice find! Here in Europe, the new Euro money killed that, I once found a 1938 swastika coin in my pocket change, still have it. HH, Mike

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Thats really cool. Never know what youll get in retail. Better get her something nice.
Saber

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, madfrank.....I never have seen an indian that wasn't green. ;D :D Your wife has a good eye. ;)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably some kid got into his dad's dresser ;D

Depending on your location in the US, most Indian cents were pretty much out of circulation by the late 40's. I say this only because my folks owned a sports store in the early 50's and an occasional IH was noted even then.

However, I remember many standing quarters, halves, and Mercs even in the early 60's.

Nice find.

Badger

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Michigan Badger said:
Probably some kid got into his dad's dresser ;D

Depending on your location in the US, most Indian cents were pretty much out of circulation by the late 40's. I say this only because my folks owned a sports store in the early 50's and an occasional IH was noted even then.

However, I remember many standing quarters, halves, and Mercs even in the early 60's.

Nice find.

Badger

looks like that one was in a collection for sure! not too much wear on it. if it had been kicking around for 106 years it would be worn into a slug by now! your wife has a good eye.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations that IH is in super condition! I've worked retail for many years in the past and I never found an IH, only wheaties, and the occasional silver dime. You're wife has a good eye and loves you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread