N newadventure Greenie Joined Mar 12, 2014 Messages 15 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 28, 2014 #1 This was found near a creek in S. Nebraska. Is this a blade and any idea of what material this may be or age? Looks like some kind of granite? Thanks Attachments 20140324_194114.webp 43.3 KB · Views: 150 Upvote 0
This was found near a creek in S. Nebraska. Is this a blade and any idea of what material this may be or age? Looks like some kind of granite? Thanks
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Mar 28, 2014 #2 Looks like a blade segment alright to me. Not sure of the material, and I lent out my best book on lithic types in the central plains
Looks like a blade segment alright to me. Not sure of the material, and I lent out my best book on lithic types in the central plains
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 28, 2014 #3 Looks like a blade to me too nice find
N newadventure Greenie Joined Mar 12, 2014 Messages 15 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 29, 2014 Thread Owner #4 Thanks guys for the feedback and info, I don't have a lot in my collection yet but will be posting pictures of others...One thing I have learned, it is hard to find pieces that are not broken lol.
Thanks guys for the feedback and info, I don't have a lot in my collection yet but will be posting pictures of others...One thing I have learned, it is hard to find pieces that are not broken lol.