Inexpensive alternative for a pointer

Harbor Freight has a cheap one for under $20... From what I've read about them, they are good pin pointers but the switch is fragile but if it breaks it can be repaired better than stock with parts from Radio Shack..

Depending on the size of their hands, it may be difficult for them to use the HF unit.. And if they are used to using your PP they won't like the HF as it sucks!

Thanks guys, I'll look into that.

The Harbor freight one should be perfect for them...Plus you can get a coupon that helps the cost

If they are young I'm betting the Harbor Freight PP's don't last more than a few times before they are trashed. They don't take a beating to well.

Dowsing rods.jpg:laughing7:

Honestly, all the inexpensive pinpointers aren't worth what you pay for them. I owned three of three of the cheapest ones, including automax, bullseye and Centec and they were useless. Spend the money to buy a Garrett for them.

buy the TRX for yourself and let them user your PP, You will be thrilled to death and so will they!

The " Mine's bigger than yours crowd" never leaves me un-entertained. :sadsmiley:

HF is garbage might as well throw the money down the drain. The best " cheapest " is the Garrett . Pay less and you'll get junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back