underarock
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2011
- Messages
- 318
- Reaction score
- 4
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southeast PA
- Detector(s) used
- CZ-70
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Looking to get opinions on these detectors.
I'm looking for an all around general purpose metal detector that can be submerged but also works well on land. Also one that has discrimination. Will be using on land, fresh, and salt water. I don't want to spend more than 800.
I'm also considering fisher underwater models but just don't know enough about them.
I need to get in the water… you know what I mean. please help!
I'm looking for an all around general purpose metal detector that can be submerged but also works well on land. Also one that has discrimination. Will be using on land, fresh, and salt water. I don't want to spend more than 800.
I'm also considering fisher underwater models but just don't know enough about them.
I need to get in the water… you know what I mean. please help!

Upvote
0
I had the good sense to remove the comment myself, because in the end, it is the detectorist, NOT the machine. Here is what I mean. You can put a Minelab GPX5000 ($5,500) in the hands of a complete newb, and give me a Garrett Ace 250 ($200), and the odds say I will find more.
We all talk a lot of crap about our favorite machines, but the fact remains,
they are OUR favorites. It takes a lot of time on the headphones to learn this hobby, and the langauge of a particular machine. Just because you speak fluent Tesoro Compadre, does not mean you can speak Whites MDX.
I think my days of blurting out smart-allec comments has finally ended. When somebody starts telling me about all their experience and how good their machine is, the first thing I look at is their hands. The people that are REALLY finding the good stuff on a regular basis have the blisters and calloused hands to go with those finds. If they have "jewelry store" hands, I just nod politely and walk away.







