What's new

info on lacrosse belt plate and sundial...

JW15

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2011
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
I saw one of these posted here a while back and thought I'd post mine hoping to find out more about it. Also, here's a sundial I found fairly deep near a river that I'm not sure about, any help on ages/origins would be much appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG00127-20101219-2148.webp
    IMG00127-20101219-2148.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG00145-20110110-0035.webp
    IMG00145-20110110-0035.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG00146-20110110-0036.webp
    IMG00146-20110110-0036.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG00151-20110110-2012.webp
    IMG00151-20110110-2012.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 333
What makes you think that is a belt plate? It is just as likely a trophy or robbon dangle insert.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
What makes you think that is a belt plate? It is just as likely a trophy or robbon dangle insert.
Someone told me it looks like a belt plate, I only started detecting last July so please excuse me if I'm using the wrong description ::). Here's the back of it...
 

Attachments

  • IMG00131-20101220-1705.webp
    IMG00131-20101220-1705.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
No stress, just having a conversation with ya. Welcome to T-Net!

That picture of the back is helpful.

I found the other post with the same plate... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,273352.0.html

I've been doing some fruitless searching.
Cool, thanks Montana! Yeah, I haven't found much about it. I'm hoping it's part of a uniform from one of the first organized lacrosse leagues in America.
 
Upvote 0
That sundial is nuts. I'd love to find out more about it.
 
Upvote 0
CrazySlasher said:
That sundial is nuts. I'd love to find out more about it.

cheap early toy (hard to date but 1900ish)
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
CrazySlasher said:
That sundial is nuts. I'd love to find out more about it.

cheap early toy (hard to date but 1900ish)
Thanks for the info Crusader, I was hoping it was far older but either way I'm glad to know.
 
Upvote 0
JW15 said:
CRUSADER said:
CrazySlasher said:
That sundial is nuts. I'd love to find out more about it.

cheap early toy (hard to date but 1900ish)
Thanks for the info Crusader, I was hoping it was far older but either way I'm glad to know.
It was copied to look older :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom