What's new

Information and usage on Bounty Hunter Tracker II

Mezrein503

Full Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2010
Messages
122
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hillboro
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very new to detecting, new to T-net as well, although been reading it for the past 3 or 4 days and seem to be glued to it thus far. Can't wait to put my own post in the "Today's Finds" section.

Anyway, barrowing a Bounty Hunter Tracker II from my brother in law until I can afford to get my own. Glanced through the manual, tested a few different settings, but wanted to see if anyone knew of any other tips or tricks I should know when detecting. I figured out the high and low tones and what they mean, but yesterday while out tracking for the first time with my son, I noticed that one of the high tones was quieter than what I had heard before with other hits. Does this mean the item in question is deeper? Also, what does the sensitivity meter do?

Thanks and HH!
 
I am not a fan of those meters as I'd rather watch my coil instead of an LED readout.
Only advice I can really offer is read the manual, then read it again. Gonna spend some time in the bathroom? Read it there too.
Then get out there and practice, practice, practice.
Welcome to T-Net!
 
I would say on that detector the sensitivity screen is just a reading how strong the target is. Not something to really pay much attention to.... go by the sound.

The ground and mode options should be straight forward, and find a good balance of higher power/sens. with lower disc. that doesn't making too much extra noise. The weaker high sound could be either a deeper, or smaller target. Usually the difference is a smooth sound (deeper) vs a sharper tone for a smaller one (it really depends on the unit) Anyway, that is just some basics and I'll add the disclaimer that I have never even touched one of those before. :-X
 
I made a small mistake yesterday while detecting. I had my disc down way low, as well as sensitivity, so everything sounded the same, I re-read the manual when I got home and tested different items across it; gold ring, nail, nickle, quater, zinc penny, dime, and noticed the gold ring and nickle followed what the manual said, and produce a deep tone and the rest produced a higher beep tone. Hopefully gonna go out again tonight, or maybe tomorrow morning and hit a baseball field thats near my fair grounds. Hope to get something!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom