Ingesting Flea Market bottle

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this yesterday at my local flea market for $5. It is a large, lime green bottle and the base is rounded. On the base, it also gets large lower down ( sorry if this does not make much sense, if you look at the pics it should show you what I mean). It depicts an eagle in a pushed in part of the bottles base surrounded by 13 five pointed stars. It is the same on both sides. When I got it, it had a stopper in the top but I do not think it originally had one for two reasons. One, it is a different shade of green. Two, it does not fit very well into the top and has, annoying, scratched the neck up quite a bit:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:. The seam lines end at the base of the neck so it is from 1840-1860, according to my bottle book. There are no other marks on the bottle besides the eagle and the stars. Any help with this, like who made it and what it held and maybe a more exact date. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't ingest strange flea market bottles or their contents! Wish I could help. Hopefully it was just liquor or snake oil but you can't be too careful if theres no warning label.

TIE543

Greenie
Feb 13, 2021
Muhlenberg County, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's certainly a cool bottle but I think I'd advise against ingesting it

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a fantasy type of bottle made no earlier than the 1970s, still a cool bottle though!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
The stopper has nothing to do with this bottle, it was sold in the 1970-80's as a decorator bottle that came in a myriad of colors, it held nothing and sold empty...

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stopper has nothing to do with this bottle, it was sold in the 1970-80's as a decorator bottle that came in a myriad of colors, it held nothing and sold empty...

The stopper or the bottle?

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
[QUOTE The seam lines end at the base of the neck so it is from 1840-1860, according to my bottle book. There are no other marks on the bottle besides the eagle and the stars. Any help with this, like who made it and what it held and maybe a more exact date.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]Whatever that book is you should probably toss it away, use this site for all you bottle questions, it is the Bottle Bible for the hobby... https://sha.org/bottle/

Last edited:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool, I use it every day, there's always something to learn in this hobby... ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread