The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received an Ace 250 under the tree and my initial opinion is very positive. The build quality seems excellent. All parts fit well and seem very 'stout'. The electronic control head is very intuitive. Did a quick airtest and am getting around 8 to 9 inches. Airtests showed that all targets id'd correctly and had a very fast response time. Impressive for an entry level machine. Additionaly, this model sports a most impressive coil. It is rather heavy and very substantial feeling. The only negative i can see right now is the balance. It seems bottom heavy but nothing terrible. Will give her a test spin tomorrow,hopefully, and post the results.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a ..Ace 250.. never had any problems with it for me it pinpoints fine and i can use it on the beach in wet sand and dry sand some say they have problems on wet salt water beaches but i never had any problems with mine...........................................==Jim==

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry :-\ :-\ just realized i placed this in the wrong forum....anyway...all have a Happy New Year!!!

R

robert roy

The Ace 250 is good but 8 to 9 inches? HUmmmm. You must have got the beefed up version(:-)
Usually the Ace will get about 6 to 6 1/2 in the ground; air testing doesn't mean much really. The ace will get more in the ground depth if its a larger target. The only way to get deeper is to buy the 9x12 coil.
I got mine from Clevengers for under $100.00. It takes some people some getting used to the pinpointing. It was a problem for me when I first got the Ace, but now I have it down and have had absolutely no problems. Yes, from what I have read (negative and positive) the F2 is a good machine but
I think one be better off getting the Ace or getting the F4. Just my opinion.

Regards
Robert R

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robert roy said:
The Ace 250 is good but 8 to 9 inches? HUmmmm. You must have got the beefed up version(:-)
Usually the Ace will get about 6 to 6 1/2 in the ground; air testing doesn't mean much really. The ace will get more in the ground depth if its a larger target. The only way to get deeper is to buy the 9x12 coil.
I got mine from Clevengers for under $100.00. It takes some people some getting used to the pinpointing. It was a problem for me when I first got the Ace, but now I have it down and have had absolutely no problems. Yes, from what I have read (negative and positive) the F2 is a good machine but
I think one be better off getting the Ace or getting the F4. Just my opinion.

Regards
Robert R
the 8 inches was an air test with a quarter...haven't had time to get her outside yet

R

robert roy

I think you're going to have a great time with the Ace.
The pre-set ground balance is usually pretty good for most areas.
What part of the country are you in?

Regards
Robert R(:-)

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The outskirts of Allentown,Pa...there is quite a variety of soil types around here but i am hoping for the best

MR----B

Nov 28, 2007
Trego, Montana, all over nevada and Arizona
Detector(s) used
F-4, X-70, Delta 4000
You will be very happy with this machine, It is, in my opinion, the best for the buck. Something to keep in mind. When passing over a target. If you recieve a repeatable belltone both directions then it probably is what it says that it is. The only three exceptions are lead weights, aluminum nuggetsand buries alum. cans. Good luck, you will love this machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread