Inks In the muck...

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach that keeps on giving, while my dumba-- broke two torpedo's...I did dig 4 ink bottles total, including a stone ink and a Caw's ink. Nailed a Bunker Hill Pickle Co. bottle, dollar bottles, Ironstone bowl and cup and a Dublin pipe No. 1 pipe bowl...now the tide will do its work naturally sifting the till and I'll head back tomorrow to pick up the goods...
The Pit.jpg

Dublin Pipe No. 1
Dublin.jpg

The total..pre cleaning
Total.jpg

Here they are semi-cleaned..
Total Cleaned.jpg

Need a pickle?
Bunker hill.jpg

Caws..
Caws.jpg

All in a days work..
Muck.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 10
*Skilton & Foote...Bunker Hill Pickle Co. Circa 1890...

Gotta respect the bottles, anything glass that's been sitting in the ground for 100 years..deserves it.

Hey mucky bottles I gave my sister in law the exact I call it amber whiskey flask I found in va,vanzutphen

Well done that boy!!!!!!Mudlarks in the 80s use to mark the spot with a stick or a pole .....i do the same when i dig a hole ...fork seems to be the right tool i got myself a scoop like a hoe to be able to dig scrap and drag the goodies towards me..

RR

Nice selection of glass, always had a soft spot for inks.

Nice finds those are some nice inks. But I really like the bunker hill that's a nice one.

Nice hunt !! Love the bunker hill ! :thumbsup:

Well done that boy!!!!!!Mudlarks in the 80s use to mark the spot with a stick or a pole .....i do the same when i dig a hole ...fork seems to be the right tool i got myself a scoop like a hoe to be able to dig scrap and drag the goodies towards me..

RR

I guess you can call me a stick in the mud...lol

I m using a spade too to remove the gravel faster and some mudlark use a bucket to remove the water at the bottom go the hole

Keep on diggin

RR

I m using a spade too to remove the gravel faster and some mudlark use a bucket to remove the water at the bottom go the hole

Keep on diggin

RR

I use pitchfork for three reasons, one is because it gets deeper than the shovels, mind you I'm digging in pretty much a giant privy. Two, it does less damage to a bottle vs the blunt force trauma of a shovel. Three, I can use it as a pseudo probe to poke around in unseen areas.

I also use a three pronged claw to pull out the till before I start digging again..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back