What's new

Inscribed Celtic Gold Stater...Update....Full ID...

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Hello everybody :headbang:

At last we managed to get out for a days hunting :) the day didn't start that good though :-\ a puncture on the Jeep put paid to a early start :-\ We finally got to a couple of fields we have been watching over the Winter, expecting them to have both been ploughed by now...they had but were both way to rough to detect :'(
We adopted plan B and slipped back onto the Roman Villa site, although this field has yielded pretty poor results this year, it always has the potential to give-up something SPETACULAR...today it did...for me :o

Celtic Gold Stater .....Corieltavi Inscribed Stater VOLISIOS DVMNOCOVEROS..AD 20-35... :o I'm still in shock, I couldn't post last night, due to a Computer Virus ???...and it didn't stop there :o

Michael chipped in with a broken Roman Silver, then a full one :o I plucked a cut half Hammered(long cross).. :headbang:

Then Michael had his find of the day...a Viking embedded coin weight :o :o (needs carefull cleaning) these are a quite rare item :o and fetch a few quid :wink:

Next it was me turn with a nice Roman Silver laying right on the top :o not quite sure yet of the ID, needs a bit of cleaning, I will update the post as time Goes on :icon_thumleft:

Anyway enjoy the pictures of our AMAZING 5 hours detecting the Yorkshire soil :notworthy:

Here is some imformation on Viking Coin weights :icon_thumleft:

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explor...ects/cm/l/lead_weight_with_coin_of_ethel.aspx

SS
 

Attachments

  • celtic gold 001.webp
    celtic gold 001.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 4,275
  • celtic gold 018.webp
    celtic gold 018.webp
    37 KB · Views: 4,124
  • celtic gold 044.webp
    celtic gold 044.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 4,622
  • celtic gold 030.webp
    celtic gold 030.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 4,142
  • celtic gold 029.webp
    celtic gold 029.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 4,160
  • celtic gold 028.webp
    celtic gold 028.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 4,187
  • celtic gold 025.webp
    celtic gold 025.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 4,192
  • celtic gold 015.webp
    celtic gold 015.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 4,223
  • celtic gold 005.webp
    celtic gold 005.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 4,272
  • celtic gold 003.webp
    celtic gold 003.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 4,258
  • celtic gold 002.webp
    celtic gold 002.webp
    94.6 KB · Views: 4,355
Upvote 10
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

Okay, I'm envious too! :-\ But still, I'm glad to see such great finds posted. Thanks Silver Searcher.
Keep on posting! :headbang:
Yard Digger
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

hammered said:
Definitely got my banner vote :icon_thumleft:, what a beautiful coin :notworthy:, well done mate, looks like you had a great day :thumbsup:


hammered
Thanks Ian :icon_thumleft:.... it was quite a shock to see it laying there :o I called over to Michael, before I even picked it up, even though I new what it might be, I was scare incase it turned out to be a guilded button :laughing9:

SS
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

Woodland Detectors said:
Another Banner!


WOW! It's hard for some people to fathom the significance of relics beneath your feet over there. Couldn't happen to a better mate.

Congratulations my friend

Mike
Cheers Mike, perhaps one day you might get over here :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

Fantastic Find (s) :o
For such a soft metal, (I'm assuming Romans are High Karat) It has amazing detail.
Should be placed up top Without further ado :notworthy:
Congratulations and Banner are Well Deserved :thumbsup:
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

Banner vote from me too! This Stater is awesome! :notworthy:
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

Yes , and I did vote for the Banner , you deserve the banner for this find. And I am sure many more finds you will have coming up this summer !

Every time this scrolls down the live feed I have to take another look lol .
I can hardly wait to see what you and your friends find next !
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

GASP,GASP,ill never beat that find.........WTG.
:icon_sunny: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

steelheadwill said:
Fantastic Find (s) :o
For such a soft metal, (I'm assuming Romans are High Karat) It has amazing detail.
Should be placed up top Without further ado :notworthy:
Congratulations and Banner are Well Deserved :thumbsup:
Thanks :icon_thumleft:...the coin weighs 5.3 grams and is 17mm in diameter, I think that there is a Copper mix to the Gold :P you can just see this in some of the pictures...like a two tone effect :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

Silver Searcher said:
DMN said:
Some find there! What a way to offset the rain and the tire.
I noticed you are digging in a planted field. How does that work with the farmers or is it just some generic planting?
Thanks :icon_thumleft:.....we replant the seedlings, the farmer lets us go on all his crop. We have done this for years, and it makes no difference to the growing process :icon_thumleft:

SS
Now that is a sweet arrangement. Nearly as good as gold! :wink:
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

DMN said:
Silver Searcher said:
DMN said:
Some find there! What a way to offset the rain and the tire.
I noticed you are digging in a planted field. How does that work with the farmers or is it just some generic planting?
Thanks :icon_thumleft:.....we replant the seedlings, the farmer lets us go on all his crop. We have done this for years, and it makes no difference to the growing process :icon_thumleft:

SS
Now that is a sweet arrangement. Nearly as good as gold! :wink:
The thing is it makes sence to let a couple of people on the crop to detect, how many nuisance critters do we scare of, like rabbits wood pidgeon ect, these do far more damage than ever we can. Two peole on a field every week keeps them off :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

These are jaw-dropping finds, my friend! :hello2:

Banner nomination sent. :thumbsup: And a BIG Congratulations to you.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater........

BuckleBoy said:
These are jaw-dropping finds, my friend! :hello2:

Banner nomination sent. :thumbsup: And a BIG Congratulations to you.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
thanks Will :icon_thumleft:..hope to see some great finds from you this year to :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater...Update..

Beautiful finds. I want to go hunting with you guys!!
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater...Update..

awesome gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater...Update..

Thanks for the update Colin :icon_thumleft:, you have good fields there :laughing7:. I'm still working on the day we all hit some fields down here, should hear soon :icon_thumleft:. Don't forget the stove, I'll provide the sausages, you me shaun and Cru, on a 300 acre site, mixed arable + pig live stock, so the sausages should be great ;D, and the finds even better :laughing7:, hopefully :thumbsup:


ps. maybe you should put "MEGA" update in your title :laughing9:
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater...Update..

This is one beautiful Celtic Gold Stater SS! :o
I'm voting BANNER for you right now! :notworthy:

Cheers,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • Celtic Gold Stater.webp
    Celtic Gold Stater.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 3,366
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater...Update..

Is the most beautiful Celtic Stater I seen ever , and has a high degree of rarity . I VOTE BANNER!
I also really like the Roman coin of Trajan.The picture of you in the Roman field is very interesting. :thumbsup:
Greetings to Master! :notworthy:
H
 
Re: Uniscribed Celtic Gold Stater...Update..

Of course my knowledge of the coin is limited, but its still the nicest one I've seen, AND rare? wow :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Another vote
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom