What's new

Instead of restoration...

Buckleberry

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
657
Reaction score
832
Golden Thread
0
Instead of restoration...I chose to have a few reproductions done.

Had this Adena I found earlier this year, 4 1/4" and was seriously considering getting it restored, but kinda liked the character it already had and it was pretty much all there anyways, but got to thinking about what it would have looked like at first stage...

So I contacted the best knapper I know Harold Elam( for Ohio materials) and he reproduced it for me,
I told him make it look first stage, mailed him an outline drawn on paper, photos and my guesstimate as to what was missing, esp. from the tip and plow ding....told him to use a light colored Flint Ridge material (of course, like the original).

River saw what I was doing and was intrigued, so he asked if the T-drill he found could be done as well, so we sent him that info. as well.

Very happy with outcomes on both, kinda neat to see what the Adena may have looked like first stage and River was absolutely thrilled with the drill....
 

Attachments

  • repros.leaves10.24.12 013.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 013.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 145
  • repros.leaves10.24.12 016.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 016.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 132
  • repros.leaves10.24.12 018.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 018.webp
    105.6 KB · Views: 119
  • repros.leaves10.24.12 020.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 020.webp
    148.5 KB · Views: 140
  • repros.leaves10.24.12 014.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 014.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
The drill......................
 

Attachments

  • repros.leaves10.24.12 022.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 022.webp
    108.7 KB · Views: 122
  • repros.leaves10.24.12 021.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 021.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 137
  • repros.leaves10.24.12 024.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 024.webp
    334.1 KB · Views: 125
  • repros.leaves10.24.12 023.webp
    repros.leaves10.24.12 023.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 130
Those are great. Hope I get to point some day where I can look at something an reproduce it exactly. I can go for same shape and size just nothing I would call repos
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom