What's new

instigating painful feeling in an owl.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
78729
Detector(s) used
dfx
Not sure if you remember about 6 months ago when I posted photos about a big oak tree that the city of austin cut down. But, that was a home for an owl. I've also posted about how I now have this same owl that now seems tormented because he simply 'cannot find his home'. So, I've done this a few times before, but even tonight, I'll walked out on the back porch and heard the owls "Who, who, Who".... and tonight, I replied back with that same animal call that you could call back to answer an owl. now, anyone that knows animal behavior will tell you that a heightened response pitch would signify an 'acknowledgement of communication' and also a 'I'm your friend' ( this is basic animal behavior 101).

I stood outside tonight and heard the cry of this owl, to which I replied... the response was immediately there, but with a heightened pitch, as if to say, "hey, where have you been? I've been trying to find my home for a long time... and now I hear some of my own kind after a very long time".
I was heartbreaking enough for me to come back inside and post this topic about how I broke an owls heart. He is still in loss of his home and can't understand why or where it went.
 
You best read up on owls and their behavior :tongue3: That so called "heightened response pitch" was a warning to you :laughing7: Owls are a very solitary and competitive bird and he was letting you know to keep your distance.

Maybe the next time you go out to say hello, he may introduce you to his talons and beak :laughing9:
 
Spart has a point. Back when I was turkey hunting I'd do a barred owl hoot (who, who, who, who who whoahaaaa) trying to get a turkey to "shock gobble". Don't know how many times I've had pairs of owls come in, highly agitated, looking for the intruder. Owls are really cool birds, and they catch the dickens outta tree rats. Got a pair of Great Horned Owls in the area. I really enjoy watching them. If your bird is still there, it's found another home.
Robin
 
You picking a fight with that owl?

he gonna get ya! :laughing9:
 
I can see the headline now:

Giant Owl Snatches Austin Man; Last Seen Flying North

:D
 
Zephyr said:
I can see the headline now:

Giant Owl Snatches Austin Man; Last Seen Flying North

:D

"initial reports from neighbors indicate that the man was trying to be friends with a wild animal".
 
mikeofaustin said:
Zephyr said:
I can see the headline now:

Giant Owl Snatches Austin Man; Last Seen Flying North

:D

"initial reports from neighbors indicate that the man was trying to be friends with a wild animal".

Yeah, might want to be careful by not making mating calls by mistake.... :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom