What's new

Interesting hunt of 1887 house - oldest coin since my return to hobby

DeepseekerADS

Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
15,094
Reaction score
21,755
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Indian Steve, Meteor Man, and I hit an old farm house - 1887 chiseled in block on chimney.

The heat wore us out after a couple hours. We ended up just laying in the shade for a while - to keep from falling down!

I found the my oldest coin since my return to the hobby, 1906 2 Pfennig:

2 Fennig 1906 Obverse.webp 2 Fennig 1906 Reverse.webp

Then I dug a heart stopper - fortunately my heart kicked back in. I'd thought I'd dug a gold pocket watch. But, just the cover and 10k rolled gold plate.

IMG_1196.webp

Then I dug a Prof. Long's Magnetic Comb in horrible shape:

IMG_1194.webp

I Googled the name and came up with a link here from 2011 where a much nicer one was found:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/225333-prof-longs-magnetic-comb.html

And found 85 cents in clad.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1195.webp
    IMG_1195.webp
    429 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 32
I was playing around close to the house last night.....I found a...........Nail!!!!:laughing7:

Your finds are much better!:laughing7:
 
Congrats on pulling those items, :occasion14: they are all keepers
 
Some pretty cool finds. Congrats!
 
cool finds. Congrats!
g.png
 
Too bad about the watch, Deepseeker! Still a nice haul, though.
 
Nice old coin find and very cool old relic! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom